Sponsored by:

[Z06] Z06 Titanium exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 05:22 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 535 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by imlowr2
I drove around for about an hour last night looking for a Vette with Ti's. You'd think I find one? I actually only spotted one Vette and it was a C6 with Corsa exhaust. Sounded OK but nothing special. He said they cost $1500. I'm still confused because people say Ti's are too quiet. Yet, when I go to youtube to listen to the several sound bites on the stock Ti's,they actually sound pretty good at idle and revving it up. Granted, the Borla's are louder as are the B&B's but they sort of sound like my friends boat in water. I'm discovering that finding the right combination is a pain. I do like the cost factor as Ti's are half the cost of the other system, in addition the weight factor. Sound is my only factor at this point in getting a set of the Ti's. I'm not looking for loud, just a good quality sound and not the Honda Civic tone. Guess I'll have to drive around today in search of the Ti exhaust system. I'll let you know what I find.
You like looking for needles in haystacks? What are your chances to happen to run into a Corvette with Ti's just driving around?
Either way, my Z06 exhaust after TSP headers, Magnaflow cats and x-pipe thru Ti's.
https://vimeo.com/122937196
If you click my name in Vimeo after you can see the before recording also.
I know, a recording is a recording... but there's an idea of what it sounds like there anyway.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:27 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

I drove around for about an hour last night looking for a Vette with Ti's. You'd think I find one? I actually only spotted one Vette and it was a C6 with Corsa exhaust. Sounded OK but nothing special. He said they cost $1500. I'm still confused because people say Ti's are too quiet. Yet, when I go to youtube to listen to the several sound bites on the stock Ti's,they actually sound pretty good at idle and revving it up. Granted, the Borla's are louder as are the B&B's but they sort of sound like my friends boat in water. I'm discovering that finding the right combination is a pain. I do like the cost factor as Ti's are half the cost of the other system, in addition the weight factor. Sound is my only factor at this point in getting a set of the Ti's. I'm not looking for loud, just a good quality sound and not the Honda Civic tone. Guess I'll have to drive around today in search of the Ti exhaust system. I'll let you know what I find.
I see your in Valencia, so am I.
Lets get together, you can listen to my 2002 Vert with ARH 1 7/8 headers, high flow cats and Ti exhaust. Stock heads, stock cam.

And then listen to my 2002 Z06, all stock except for Borla Stingers.
Decide for yourself.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:57 PM
danziger
Team Owner

Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

I have a cam, Kooks LTs with cats and the factory Ti. IMHO, it sounds perfect. Just enough snarl when you get on it and not a police/ricer magnet.

I've had much louder exhausts and they get old quickly...
Old 07-29-2015, 07:34 PM
imlowr2
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroker87
not sure why that is on video they sound pretty good but mine in person sounded nothing like what I seen on youtube? most of the aftermarket exhaust systems i seen are stainless so why not try to find a used set? long as there not beat up (dinted smashed or bent) it will be the same as new maybe not as bright and shiny but some polish can fix that

I picked up my set used off CL for a pretty good price
I've been checking. There was a nice set of Magnaflows, the guy wanted $550.00. By the time I called, they were sold.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:45 PM
imlowr2
Racer

Originally Posted by Rookieracer
I see your in Valencia, so am I.
Lets get together, you can listen to my 2002 Vert with ARH 1 7/8 headers, high flow cats and Ti exhaust. Stock heads, stock cam.

And then listen to my 2002 Z06, all stock except for Borla Stingers.
Decide for yourself.
I'm busted!!! Hi Guy, we spoke on the phone last week. While actually crusing around looking for a Z06, I drove by your shop and noticed the blue vet sitting there. Of course I had to stop, but wasn't able to hear it. You had left for a minute and I didn't want to intrude. I still want to buy the Ti's, just more confused now than I was before. Sell me your Borla's.... I will have to take you up on that offer. I still have your #.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:39 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

I've seen this trend over the last 10 years.
You have to be honest with yourself on how your car is going to be modded. I've seen it time and time again.

1) A guy buys a Vette and adds a good sounding set of catbacks (Borla Stingers etc.) for his first mod. The car sounds great.

2) The next mod is usually headers and high flow cats. Now the car sounds really good, maybe a tick on the loud side, but tolerable.

3) Then comes ported or aftermarket heads, a little more compression with the head swap and/or a cam. Now the car is obnoxiously loud and the search begins to find a set of Ti exhaust to tame it down.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:50 PM
imlowr2
Racer

I've seen this trend over the last 10 years.
You have to be honest with yourself on how your car is going to be modded. I've seen it time and time again.

1) A guy buys a Vette and adds a good sounding set of catbacks (Borla Stingers etc.) for his first mod. The car sounds great.

2) The next mod is usually headers and high flow cats. Now the car sounds really good, maybe a tick on the loud side, but tolerable.

3) Then comes ported or aftermarket heads, a little more compression with the head swap and/or a cam. Now the car is obnoxiously loud and the search begins to find a set of Ti exhaust to tame it down.
You forgot #4- Your wife of 20 years only allows you to go to step #1, and step #1 better not be excessively loud or wife will not ride in the Vette. I don't plan on going any further than #1, BUT... you may be right?
Old 07-29-2015, 10:47 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 535 Likes on 491 Posts

You forgot #4- Your wife of 20 years only allows you to go to step #1, and step #1 better not be excessively loud or wife will not ride in the Vette. I don't plan on going any further than #1, BUT... you may be right?
Wife of 16 years likes loud as much or more than I. Regardless and thankfully I make the decisions...
Old 07-29-2015, 11:23 PM
imlowr2
Racer

Originally Posted by grantv
Wife of 16 years likes loud as much or more than I. Regardless and thankfully I make the decisions...
Without getting into marriage counseling, I make the decisions as well. My wife is my partner and I respect her input. Doesn't mean I'll follow it and she allows me to do what I want. In fact, she's a Porsche person and I wanted the Vet because I like them and their cheaper than a Porsche. This car will be my daily driver. The wife will be taking it out on occasions as well. Both her and I aren't looking for something that sets off car alarms, just a good sounding exhaust other than stock which is a joke.

Last edited by imlowr2; 07-29-2015 at 11:34 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:46 PM
RueBurgundy
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 41 Posts

If you care for quality over volume, just do TI (or Corsa Pace Car?) and don't look back. Stingers are good when opened up, but around here how often are you opening up? Just tooling around and in traffic stingers suck. If you're ever in SJ or close be happy to let you listen to my TIs. Car is stock basically.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:48 AM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts

Now the car is obnoxiously loud and the search begins to find a set of Ti exhaust to tame it down.
not mine

ported heads, cam, fast92, vararam ramair, long tubes & off road X
Old 07-30-2015, 12:54 AM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Without getting into marriage counseling, I make the decisions as well. My wife is my partner and I respect her input. Doesn't mean I'll follow it and she allows me to do what I want. In fact, she's a Porsche person and I wanted the Vet because I like them and their cheaper than a Porsche. This car will be my daily driver. The wife will be taking it out on occasions as well. Both her and I aren't looking for something that sets off car alarms, just a good sounding exhaust other than stock which is a joke.
Sounds like we lead parallel lives.
My wife is a Porsche fan and doesn't care for loud cars either.

I believe you will be very happy with a set of Stingers. Your car also has two cats and two pup cats for a total of four. A Z06 only has one on each side for a total of two. The extra cats tame the exhaust down as well as all of the other factors I talked about earlier.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:08 AM
imlowr2
Racer

Sounds like we lead parallel lives.
My wife is a Porsche fan and doesn't care for loud cars either.

I believe you will be very happy with a set of Stingers. Your car also has two cats and two pup cats for a total of four. A Z06 only has one on each side for a total of two. The extra cats tame the exhaust down as well as all of the other factors I talked about earlier.
I saw your stingers on the blue Vet. I like the looks of them, haven't heard them yet, but I'd like to keep the four exhaust tips. I noticed you only have two tips. Do the stingers come with a four quad tip and would that sound any different than the two tip version? I was hoping to buy your Ti's but your talking me out of it.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:10 AM
imlowr2
Racer

I saw your stingers on the blue Vet. I like the looks of them, haven't heard them yet, but I'd like to keep the four exhaust tips. I noticed you only have two tips. Do the stingers come with a four quad tip and would that sound any different than the two tip version? I was hoping to buy your Ti's but your talking me out of it.
Where did you buy your Stingers from?
Old 07-30-2015, 05:00 AM
Scotty2000SS
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I still don't get why nobody has recommended an E cut out to the op? Best of both worlds and gains some HP.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:38 AM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Where did you buy your Stingers from?
Those Stingers were on the Z06 when I bought it. They will get replaced with Ti, once I install the heads, cam and headers.

I prefer the Quad tip version as well, which is what we have on my dad's and brothers convertibles. You can buy them with either dual or quad.

I'm doing the brakes on my dads car today. Try and come by after lunch and you can see and hear his.

FYI,
I've seen too many problems with cutouts on daily drivers.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:05 AM
Scotty2000SS
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

FYI,
I've seen too many problems with cutouts on daily drivers.
Such as?

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Titanium exhaust

Old 07-30-2015, 11:18 AM
imlowr2
Racer

I'm doing the brakes on my dads car today. Try and come by after lunch and you can see and hear his.
I'm off today, so I'll drop by around 1 p.m. if that's OK. Thanks!
Old 07-30-2015, 12:31 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Scotty2000SS
Such as?
Usually electric motor failures. They are great for the weekend warriors, but not for guys that put 20,000 miles a year on their daily drivers. I love it when someone says, "I've had that on my car for 10 years without any issues."
Then you ask how many miles in ten years and the answer is 5-10,000.

That is why I have two vettes.

The Vert is my daily driver that the wife loves to ride in, I modify it accordingly.

The Z06 is my freak out weekend warrior and sometimes track car. It's loud, aggressive with stiff T1 suspension and a whole lot of fun for a short time.

I'm off today, so I'll drop by around 1 p.m. if that's OK. Thanks!
See you then.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:40 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I have stock cat-back...with my LT's and cam, it sounds reasonably quiet at idle and absolutely sick at WOT.

I do often wish I had something more aggressive but I'm not sure I'd want something loud all the time - with possible drone, an angry/annoyed wife that won't ride in the car any more, nor possibly more attention from cops.

I may do an aftermarket at some point but will keep my stock cat-back, just in case I want to go back.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 Titanium exhaust