Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Z06 Titanium exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 09:20 AM
jhopper408
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

I like the way the titanium exuast sounds. And it really sounds great! When you stomp it to the floor.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:35 AM
imlowr2
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of meeting Rookieracer and his father who owns a C5 Vert. Both he and his father are running Borla Stingers. His father gave me a ride in the Vert to see if I liked the sound of the exhaust. I still haven't heard the Ti's on a car, but I can tell you the Borla Stingers were very nice. It was basically quiet and with a slight bass rumble at idle. Even at crusing speeds it wasn't annoying. When you stomped on the pedal, you knew it had an exhaust system. No drone, but loud enough to get someones attention. The Vert was also stock, just the exhaust only. The tips looked great as well. They are large 4" round and really make the rearend of the car look aggressive. I'm considering getting the Borla system for my Vette. BTW- Both Rookieracer and his father were very informative and true gentlemen! Thank you!
Old 07-31-2015, 11:35 AM
MX621
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

i ran headers, orx and stock Ti for a while.. sounds good but always craving a lil more. had my buddy do the Ti bypass mod and I love it. lil louder at idle/part throttle, a good bit louder at wot. still ZERO drone. I prefer the look of the oem Ti over all others as well. only exhaust I would consider changing to is the corsa pace (now called the sport).
Old 07-31-2015, 01:01 PM
jhopper408
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

When I stomp mine to the floor, it sounds like 10 Quadrajets kicking in. It's great!! That's with the Ti exhaust.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:53 PM
dagon138
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thinking its time to swap out the stingers after going H/C/I
My car is really a cop magnet now. Maybe ill try something custom or go Borla touring.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:36 AM
imlowr2
Racer

Originally Posted by dagon138
Thinking its time to swap out the stingers after going H/C/I
My car is really a cop magnet now. Maybe ill try something custom or go Borla touring.
Are you interested in perhaps selling your stingers? Let me know, I'm in Valencia, CA
Old 08-02-2015, 11:50 AM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Z06 Titanium exhaust

Originally Posted by danziger
I have a cam, Kooks LTs with cats and the factory Ti. IMHO, it sounds perfect. Just enough snarl when you get on it and not a police/ricer magnet.

I've had much louder exhausts and they get old quickly...
I'm with this guy

I'm H/C/I, longtubes, high-flow cats, and factory Ti muffs, and I think it sounds perfect, as do many of the guys around here
Old 08-02-2015, 01:34 PM
imlowr2
Racer

Originally Posted by rjwz28
I'm with this guy

I'm H/C/I, longtubes, high-flow cats, and factory Ti muffs, and I think it sounds perfect, as do many of the guys around here
It's my understanding that with a cam, headers, cats, the factory Ti's sound OK. Even the Z06 has a little more modifications than a stock base C5. With stock exhaust manifolds and stock engine, the Ti's are a little too quiet and not much different than the stock exhaust. That's why guys like me (who are basically all stock but want some exhaust sound) need to go with an aftermarket system. I really don't want to put a cam, headers and all that on. I'd love to save money and just get a set of Ti's and be done. I think they really look good as well and are lighter in weight. Just not enough difference in sound from my stock system.

Last edited by imlowr2; 08-02-2015 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:59 AM
dagon138
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by imlowr2
Are you interested in perhaps selling your stingers? Let me know, I'm in Valencia, CA
Maybe?
send me a PM and if I decide to change things out, I'll reply.

I might end up driving over to Borla and get their X-pipe style resonator and add that.
Basically the muffler part of the Xr1 system.

Or just go like I said with the Touring system.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:50 AM
mike_engr
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jhopper408
I like the way the titanium exuast sounds. And it really sounds great! When you stomp it to the floor.
Bumping this older, but GREAT discussion!
I sold my C5 Vert, so I have my set of stored, great condition, uncut Titanium Z06 Axle back OEM's for sale in the C5 parts section!
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ed-ral-nc.html

Another benefit to mention for Ti's is related to COPs & annual Inspections ! The's Ti's are a Factory OEM system, so that should keep you out of trouble with the authorities!!!
Plus most 3rd party aftermarket systems cost more, weigh more, etc...!

Due to uncut size, I prefer local ~Raleigh/RDU pickup, otherwise they'd be SOLD by now!

Last edited by mike_engr; 03-26-2017 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:59 PM
JETZ
Le Mans Master

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

I also thought the stock Ti's too quiet. So they got replaced by Borla Stingers, Xpipe, Random Tech Cats, and Ceramic coated LG Pro's... all in one shot. Can you hear me NOW?

I sold the Ti system to a Vert owner.

frank

Quick Reply: [Z06] Z06 Titanium exhaust