Sponsored by:

[Z06] axel back exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 01:36 PM
JakesBlackZ06
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default axel back exhaust question

anybody have a ballpark of what muffler shop will charge me to basically make 1 piece straight pipes, like the borla straight pipes?

id just buy the borlas, but there 2 piece and i don't want that since that's what my B&Bs are.

also anyone know a good place to find black exhaust tips? been looking on amazon and a few other places, but not finding anything i really love. and id consider bolt on tips BUT weld on are preferred.

THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS!
Old 10-01-2015, 05:21 PM
RedZMonte
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just weld them together then... If you have a custom one made it will cost you just as much as buying these, they will have crush bends rather then mandrel and will not be stainless steel. No performance gains with 1 piece over a 2 piece pipe.

Or if you have access to stock BASE vette mufflers just off the axle pipes from the muffler and have a stright pipe welded with whatever tips you want on them.. atleast then it would have mandrel bends of the axle.

Just my thoughts atleast..
Old 10-07-2015, 07:31 AM
gunluvS14
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

what's the disadvantage of making it 2 pieces? I rather have it in 2 pieces.
Having it 2 pieces make it possible to remove without using a lift or raising the car very high off the jack stands.

I highly doubt any shop will charge you significantly less than the cost of Borla 12649. Not to mention they are not symmetrical, Borla did their homework and it fits perfectly center and level. Consider the R&D Borla invested into it, we are barely paying for it other than material and labour.

Get notified of new replies

To axel back exhaust question

Quick Reply: [Z06] axel back exhaust question