Sponsored by:

[Z06] Identify these wheels please

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 05:53 PM
Robby04
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Black 03 Z06
Robby04, I really like the look of the hybrids as well the only consideration I would give you is cleaning them with the bolt heads exposed. These wheels require a lot of maintenance, somebody said a labour of love. I agree lots of labour but not so much love.

I think you will really like the look of those wheels on your car. Again best of luck.
I keep seeing everybody saying they require tons of polishing. I asked John about it and he says they can clear coat the face of the wheels. And the barrels. And the lips will just require polishing. I am a bit hesitant about the bolts. They do look like a big job. And at that I want the neochrome.
I'm up in the air at the moment. I know I want ccws. I also want to do the above stated wilwood brake upgrade, need to figure out the widest possible lip I can achieve.
I think I'm going to buy the brakes and drive out there to ccw. I am in florida.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:20 PM
janky
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You'd definitely want clear coated aluminum if it's polished, either that or get the wheels powder coated in whatever color and finish you like.

Have you looked at the Forgestar F15? Seems like they might be a style you'd find attractive. Not sure what offsets they have available but their manufacturing seems to accommodate our sizes.

Ps- If you end up getting the Wilwood brakes they have significantly more clearance out back the the C6 Z06 calipers, so you can run a deeper lip.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:08 AM
Robby04
Racer

Originally Posted by janky
You'd definitely want clear coated aluminum if it's polished, either that or get the wheels powder coated in whatever color and finish you like.

Have you looked at the Forgestar F15? Seems like they might be a style you'd find attractive. Not sure what offsets they have available but their manufacturing seems to accommodate our sizes.

Ps- If you end up getting the Wilwood brakes they have significantly more clearance out back the the C6 Z06 calipers, so you can run a deeper lip.
I have looked at those f15s and they are only ok. The spokes are not uniform. I like the ones you have but they no longer offer them with a lip. I went back and fourth about concave and lip. I decided I would have to have a nice lip on this car. And I'd really like it to be a step lip.

I think I will go for the same brakes you told me about. They look great on your car. And from your description, sure sounds like braking is improved 100%. I am trying to find info on them to find out how much lip it will cost.

After reading lots I come to understand that the standard to go up to big brakes, is to lose an inch of lip front and back. But if I'm persistent enough I know I can take the parts and measure like crazy. I'm thinking this will work. I wish I knew more about the measuring and figuring. I'd try it myself.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:25 AM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

FWIW, I've had 3 piece wheels with exposed fasteners for 10 years, and they've never been a problem while cleaning. I'm picky, but not toothbrush crazy.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:28 PM
Robby04
Racer

Originally Posted by zeevette
FWIW, I've had 3 piece wheels with exposed fasteners for 10 years, and they've never been a problem while cleaning. I'm picky, but not toothbrush crazy.
Thanks for the input. That makes me feel better about them. I don't see why it would be so hard to keep them clean. Even if it required running a tooth brush over them during every wash, that's not so bad.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:32 AM
JETZ
Le Mans Master

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

...and don't forget to put it back on your wife's tooth brush holder!

The fasters are no problem.

frank

Originally Posted by Robby04
Thanks for the input. That makes me feel better about them. I don't see why it would be so hard to keep them clean. Even if it required running a tooth brush over them during every wash, that's not so bad.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Identify these wheels please