Sponsored by:

[Z06] Opinions Needed On Two New Seat Options

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 02:02 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Opinions Needed On Two New Seat Options

We are working on two new seat options for the spring. Both will be able to mount to the power tracks for those wanting that installation. They will also mount with other hardware we offer.

One seat is close to finished, needing the lap belt holes and other minor adjustments. To make a passenger side will require another mold.

Post 23 on the thread below shows a seat from Europe that is similar, but with lower, smaller harness openings in the headrest.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...osition-2.html

The second seat will be similar to the Recaro Pole Position ABE, not sold in the USA. Our seat will have larger headrest holes like the above seat so as to accommodate a greater range of drivers. The hip area is flared outward and the larger, angled lap belt holes are designed to allow factory seat belts to operate as intended. The seat belt receivers fit thru easily and can tighten along your hips down to the bottom of the hole rather than only up to the top of the side bolster like seats where the buckle is on the outside. I still need to confirm this wider hip area will not cause a fitment issue in the C5, but I will do that once the first seat is finished.

Here's where I need opinions. I don't want to go thru all the work of having a passenger side mold of the top seat made only to find out most people will prefer the improved oem seat belt function of the second seat.

How many prefer the diamond stitching on the inserts compared to the flat panels?
Old 12-09-2015, 04:57 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

I found this thread showing a C5 Z06 owner with the Recaro Pole Position ABE's installed. SO - fitment confirmed I guess.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-position.html
Old 12-10-2015, 01:02 AM
dagon138
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I answered in the other thread regarding the diamond pattern. But as far as seats go, the first one seems like it's cut-out for the seatbelt would be abnormally high. So I vote 2nd.
Or just import the Recaro's..?
Old 12-10-2015, 01:34 AM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dagon138
I answered in the other thread regarding the diamond pattern. But as far as seats go, the first one seems like it's cut-out for the seatbelt would be abnormally high. So I vote 2nd.
Or just import the Recaro's..?
That doesn't work well for me. I'm only 5'10 1/2" and the Pole Position holes are nearly 2" below my shoulders, so unsafe for me and many others.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:27 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by marrad

I should be getting samples to approve within 2-3 weeks. I will be having the first seat below made as a standard production. It has the larger, flared lap belt openings so the oem seat belts will fit thru and function properly. The cushions will come standard with the flat panel design, and diamond stitching will be an option. I have an adjustable lumbar that should fit these nicely I will test when they arrive.

My goal is to have the seat itself come in around $799 (simulated leather perimeter with flat suede cushions as shown) and offer mounting brackets for the oem tracks or any of our other mounting options. Custom upholstery and options will be priced later.

The seat above with the external seat belt receiver opening will be sold when it arrives. Any who may be interested can email or pm me.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:07 AM
danziger
Team Owner

Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

I like the diamond pattern. It seems more luxury that sporty, but I still prefer it...
Old 02-09-2016, 02:41 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

The samples arrived for my approval and things are looking good! More pictures below. I removed part of the cover to show the seat belt / lap belt openings better.

I will start working on the mounting brackets for the oem tracks. I should have them next month, but the first production run of the seats are not expected until around May. I will have at least 20 made; more depending on demand and how many are pre-sold with deposits. After May it could be the fall before I have more, so anyone serious about wanting them before then should email me to discuss deposit options.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:39 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

I have the side mount hole locations figured out for the oem seat track brackets. This seat should sit as low as possible on the stock tracks. I should have some brackets to test fit in a few weeks.

Old 02-15-2016, 12:39 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

I have the side mount hole locations figured out for the oem seat track brackets. This seat should sit as low as possible on the stock tracks. I should have some brackets to test fit in a few weeks.

Nice work Mark.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:31 PM
always faster
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

To me diamond stitching on the inserts looks way better and less cheap.

-Are you gonna offer color option? Would be nice to match my mod red interior(black outside with red diamond stitching on the inserts.
-Are these gonna fit big guy?(ex: 6 foot or more,40-44 waist,250lbs and up )

Keep up the good work
Old 02-17-2016, 06:46 AM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by always faster
Are you gonna offer color option? Would be nice to match my mod red interior(black outside with red diamond stitching on the inserts.
-Are these gonna fit big guy?(ex: 6 foot or more,40-44 waist,250lbs and up )
There will be custom upholstery options at additional cost.

I fit fine at a 38" waist. Guys larger should wait for comments from others after sitting in them. When I get side mounts made and sell one or two of the samples I will ask the owners to try and get comments from various size people on fitment.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:05 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

The seat above with the external seat belt receiver opening will be sold when it arrives. Any who may be interested can email or pm me.
I have the single seat above for sale for $899 with brackets for mounting to the oem tracks. There is no matching passenger seat, nor will there be, with external seat belt guide.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:57 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

These are the side mounts designed for the new seats. We have a version that mounts to the oem tracks and a universal version that mounts to sliders.

I am ready to sell the sample seats below, with either mounts for the oem tracks or any of our other mounting systems. I have one seat with diamond stitching and two with flat panels, but one with flat panels may be spoken for. I will know more about that in the near future. I would prefer to sell at least one seat to someone wanting to mount to the power tracks and willing to provide feedback on headroom and pictures. The seat with oem seat mounts will be $898 plus shipping.

Old 03-30-2016, 11:45 AM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Either of the two seats above or the seat below I can get delivered within the 48 states for $899 including the oem seat mounts. I can also reduce the cost of an adjustable seat back lumbar unit to $39 if that is desired.

You can see installed pictures of the Recaro Pole Position ABE on the thread below. The top 2 seats above are similar, except with larger headrest holes.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-position.html

Last edited by marrad; 03-30-2016 at 12:10 PM. Reason: added link
Old 05-06-2016, 03:10 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

I will have 20 seats with flat panel inserts and 10 with diamond stitching coming in about 5 weeks. These are the new ST3 model with the wider, flared seat belt openings. One of the sample seats was installed by a C6 customer.

Email me if you are interested.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:04 PM
0marrad
Former Vendor

Here's a C5 installed seat for reference.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:40 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Here's a C5 installed seat for reference.

Looks great !
Old 07-28-2016, 10:05 AM
0marrad
Former Vendor

More C5 pics:

I have these in stock in flat panel and diamond stitched inserts.

Get notified of new replies

To Opinions Needed On Two New Seat Options

Quick Reply: [Z06] Opinions Needed On Two New Seat Options