[Z06] New Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 09:05 PM
grn envy
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran

Default New Brakes

In the near future, will be needing pads and rotors.

The Stock set up is great, and don't mind replacing with OEM.

My question is there an upgrade on rotors without braking the bank. I wouldn't mind lighting up the rotors if I can find a good rotor.

I do autox half the year, so they will be getting a work out.

Thanks in advance
Old 02-02-2016, 08:43 AM
JeremyGSU
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by grn envy
In the near future, will be needing pads and rotors.

The Stock set up is great, and don't mind replacing with OEM.

My question is there an upgrade on rotors without braking the bank. I wouldn't mind lighting up the rotors if I can find a good rotor.

I do autox half the year, so they will be getting a work out.

Thanks in advance
DBA 4000's are pretty good rotors. You can find them at KNS Brakes.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:52 PM
grn envy
Drifting

Cruise-In X Veteran

Originally Posted by JeremyGSU
DBA 4000's are pretty good rotors. You can find them at KNS Brakes.
Thanks I'll give that a look
Old 02-03-2016, 12:48 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

A while ago, probably a few years now, I bought a set of drilled and slotted rotors from Brakemotive. They came zinc plated along with a full set of their pads. I paid only $180 shipped. I previously had tried other rotors that cracked so I decided to give these a try. I haven't tracked the car but it has been down the dragstrip several times and I'm not an easy driver plus I do alot of miles on it. I just wanted something that would last so I could daily drive it. These rotors have held up great and have performed perfectly. I might change to a more aggressive pad but the rotors have been great. Still shiny with no rust.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:40 AM
JeremyGSU
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by grn envy
Thanks I'll give that a look
I tracked my car for awhile at Sebring which is very hard on brakes and these are good rotors. I would not buy anything drilled. Slotted only.

For street purposes and Auto X I don't think you need something more than that. They make a 5000 two-piece system as well.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:48 AM
zdeckich
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 231 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year

I run a set of DBA T2 slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads and work great, Maylandspeed.com has a DBA/Hawk combo for around $500

http://marylandspeed.com/build-your-...wk-p-5464.html
Old 02-04-2016, 08:40 AM
grn envy
Drifting

Cruise-In X Veteran

I tracked my car for awhile at Sebring which is very hard on brakes and these are good rotors. I would not buy anything drilled. Slotted only.

For street purposes and Auto X I don't think you need something more than that. They make a 5000 two-piece system as well.
That's good to know. Thank you, we use an old airport runway down here for auto x and I'll see close to triple digits on some courses, so good brakes are a necessity. Now I just have to re look at the SCCA rules to see what class I might have to change too.

Originally Posted by zdeckich
I run a set of DBA T2 slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads and work great, Maylandspeed.com has a DBA/Hawk combo for around $500

http://marylandspeed.com/build-your-...wk-p-5464.html
Great prices there, thank you
Old 02-07-2016, 05:06 PM
spdislife
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

DBAs are good quality rotors. They also stand behind their product. At a track event I had the rotor hat separate from the ring on a set of 4000s. They sent me a new set. It's common for the rings to crack from track abuse, but not so common to experience the failure I did.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:38 AM
Trash
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by striper
A while ago, probably a few years now, I bought a set of drilled and slotted rotors from Brakemotive. They came zinc plated along with a full set of their pads. I paid only $180 shipped. I previously had tried other rotors that cracked so I decided to give these a try. I haven't tracked the car but it has been down the dragstrip several times and I'm not an easy driver plus I do alot of miles on it. I just wanted something that would last so I could daily drive it. These rotors have held up great and have performed perfectly. I might change to a more aggressive pad but the rotors have been great. Still shiny with no rust.
I could not agree more. Exact same experience. GREAT everyday brakes. I WOULD use a different pad for track work though.

Get notified of new replies

To New Brakes

Quick Reply: [Z06] New Brakes