Sponsored by:

[Z06] Recommendations for Alignment?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 11:16 AM
SDS Photography
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Recommendations for Alignment?

I am having new struts installed next week and having the car aligned. Are the "Pfadt Corvette Alignment Recommendations" still the best choice for specs? My car is a half time daily driver and never sees a track.....sadly

Thanks guys

EDIT -http://www.pfadtracing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/corvette-alignment.pdf

Last edited by SDS Photography; 02-06-2016 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:20 PM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

It totally depends on what kind of tire life you want to trade for performance.

If you're willing to give up some tire life, then you can put in some more negative camber and enjoy the car more. If you are doing some autocross then go all the way to about -2 degrees in the front and about -1.3 in the back and enjoy the car.

If you want to maximize tire life then back off some.

The reality is that if you only use your car 3,000 or 4000 miles per year, the tires are going to get hard and performance will fall off in a few years anyway. So you can put in small amounts of negative camber, the tires will last longer, but they will get hard and won't have stick worth a darn anyway. If you put in more negative camber the tires will be bald in three or four years on the inside edges, but that's about the time you should really be trashing them anyway...
Old 02-08-2016, 12:02 AM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

I run the pFadt Street/Track settings and my tire life is awesome, its toe that kills tires not camber. When I first lowered my car I waiting a month to get the alignment done and the toe change killed the front tires just like that....Besides, Vette tires are so wide the "extreme" camber is another but. My M3 runs twice the Camber and I get awesome tire mileage with it also. (its my DD with 234K on it)
Old 02-08-2016, 02:44 PM
Socko
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by JETninja
its toe that kills tires not camber
This is my experience as well. You want about .6 to 1 more rear camber then front imo.

So like -2.0 front and -1.4 to -1 rear. Issue is what you can get is dependant on ride height. SO just max the front then set the rear to something more, or less negative. i think my car is at -1.8 front and -1 rear.

Caster is uneven left to right and maxed, but my alignment guy said he doesn't like not maxing it on the stock bolts as he believes its more likely to change if the bolt isn't maxed. He sets up most of the cars for miles around, he is about 40 minutes from me, but the only show in town. So I suspect he has real life experience to back this up.

I run 3/16" total rear toe in, to help with braking specifically into 5 at RA, it does keep the rearend in line noticably over just running 0 rear toe. 0 toe in front to keep the tires happy.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:27 AM
NealB
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Some good observations here about toe and camber versus life

Here is from the GM service manual. I went with the "service preferred" settings with me in the car and 2/3 tank of gas. Made the alignment guy nail those settings.

Very happy with those settings

Get notified of new replies

To Recommendations for Alignment?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Recommendations for Alignment?