Sponsored by:

[Z06] Throw a code 10 pcm p1416

Old 04-27-2016, 09:59 AM
khartford
Pro

Received 634 Likes on 258 Posts

Default Throw a code 10 pcm p1416

Hello,
My 03 Z throws a 10 PCM P1416 code on occasion. I reset it and it runs fine. It throws the code about a half hour to an hour into a drive.
Based on the information on this site it is a bad check valve in the AIR plumbing which should only happen on start up and warm up. So what is up with it happening long after the car has warmed up? Is something else happening?
THANKS to all that respond!

P.S. An acquaintance of mine has been working on the Corvette C8 mid-engine for about 3 years now. That's as much as he'll tell me. I live near the GM test track in Milford MI and I sometimes see some test mules out & about!

Old 04-28-2016, 03:45 AM
bikeriderga
Melting Slicks

Received 196 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by khartford
Hello,
My 03 Z throws a 10 PCM P1416 code on occasion. I reset it and it runs fine. It throws the code about a half hour to an hour into a drive.
Based on the information on this site it is a bad check valve in the AIR plumbing which should only happen on start up and warm up. So what is up with it happening long after the car has warmed up? Is something else happening?
THANKS to all that respond!

P.S. An acquaintance of mine has been working on the Corvette C8 mid-engine for about 3 years now. That's as much as he'll tell me. I live near the GM test track in Milford MI and I sometimes see some test mules out & about!

This code is defined as follows:

P1416 Port Air Circuit Malfunction/ (AIR) System Bank 2

On GM vehicles there is a secondary air pump to lower tail pipe emissions on start up. The PCM monitors the H02S voltage and if this voltage is low, it will throw this code. This code is indicating that bank 2 OS sensor voltage is invalid for the current running condition. So if the pump checks out, it could be related to the O2 sensor on bank two.

Might want to check and make sure there is no short to the O2 sensors.
The following users liked this post:
khartford (04-28-2016)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Throw a code 10 pcm p1416