Sponsored by:

[Z06] Corsa muffler clamp keep getting lose

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 09:12 PM
EA-sports
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Corsa muffler clamp keep getting lose

Hi all, I need some help with the Corsa muffler installed on my '03 Z06. A few months ago after about 7 autocross runs in one event the driver side muffler fell off. I reinstalled the muffler but after another 4 autocross runs last week the clamp for the same muffler came loose again when I checked it after I got home. It didn't fall off I guess because I only did half the runs and I checked it right after I got home from the event but I had to loosen the clamp bolt and tighten it. Even after I re-tighten the clamp I feel like the pipe that goes into the muffler didn't go deep enough, if that makes sense. The thing is the passenger side looks fine and never got loose. Other than the Corsa cat back the rest of the exhaust from the header to the X-pipe are stock.

Has anyone else experienced this issue before? Is it possible that the pipe that goes to the muffler for the driver side is shorter than the one for the passenger side? Anything that I can do to push that pipe to go into the muffler deeper? Thanks for the input guys.

Last edited by EA-sports; 04-28-2016 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:04 PM
brplatz
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Take your car to the nearest exhaust shop and have them weld it
Old 05-03-2016, 08:15 PM
EA-sports
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brplatz
Take your car to the nearest exhaust shop and have them weld it
Great idea...the only thing is if I weld that joint will it cause the other joint, the one right after the X-pipe and before the rear axle, to come loose?

Get notified of new replies

To Corsa muffler clamp keep getting lose

Quick Reply: [Z06] Corsa muffler clamp keep getting lose