[Z06] B&B bullets vs Borla stingers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 12:30 AM
killian96ss
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 259 Likes on 181 Posts

Default B&B bullets vs Borla stingers?

Trying to decide between the B&B bullets or Borla stingers for my 02 Z. I know both are loud, but what is the difference in sound between the 2? I would like the sound to be more of a deep rumble than a higher pitch. Which one has more drone? I was also wondering if anyone has ever installed a second set of resonators on the B&B system? I also plan on having a custom made Dr Gas X pipe installed which should help balance the pressure between banks and smooth out the tone a bit. Thanks for any help or opinions.

Steve
Old 07-23-2016, 08:27 AM
S.C. vette
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 258 Posts

Not a SWAG... I've had both on my 04 Z06, the Bullets too much drone (too my ears) and the popping upon deceleration (under certain conditions) could be annoying. I now run Borlas and I'm most satisfied with them. I do miss the bullets from time to time, nothing like the sound.

The bullets db's upon heavy acceleration would exceed 100+

Last edited by S.C. vette; 07-23-2016 at 08:28 AM.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:48 PM
Cruncher
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Like S.C., I've had both the Borla Stinger and the B&B Bullets. I really disliked the Borla's, starting with the Borla name stamped on each of the 4 the round tips and I didn't like the weak sounding exhaust. For me, B&B was what I was looking for in both the build and sound. I've had the B&B exhaust on my 2003 since it was about 2 months old with no problems.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:38 PM
EVs_C5
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I actually just switched from stingers to bullets. The bullets are definitely deeper and are louder. I also have a Bassani chambered X pipe that smoothes out the tone. The stingers were a very clean sound were the bullets are more aggressive. They both drone but the bullets drone quite a bit more. I was pretty bummed when I first installed the bullets bc of the drone but I purchased a partition and man did it make a difference! Some say it didn't really help but I am incredibly impressed. Now I love my bullets and they will be staying. Plus the tips look amazing.

If you want deep, aggressive, loud. Get bullets.

If you want clean, smooth, rumble. Get stingers.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:28 AM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Received 281 Likes on 205 Posts

If you decide on the stingers hopefully they fixed the unbearable drone they used to have.

I think the have a new version where they addressed it.

My Borla ATAK had zero drone and is louder than my old stingers.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:36 AM
LiteraCola
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had my Bullets for about 3 years now. Soon after installing them I went to LG long tubes/catted X. I love the noise, but there is quite a drone on uphill sections at crusing speed; nothing I can't deal with. When racing (on a closed course in Mexico) I've heard from a few people that they can't hear their cars when I'm next to them at WOT.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:05 PM
JRHMUMBL3
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Billy Boats move mountains!

Get notified of new replies

To B&B bullets vs Borla stingers?

Quick Reply: [Z06] B&B bullets vs Borla stingers?