Sponsored by:

[Z06] So its settled (new owner now)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 01:38 PM
Bladed-Vaults
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So its settled (new owner now)

I had another post stating I was in the market for a DD that I could weekend race. I had a few interactions with a few reletively low mileage(60-80-92k) cars at dealers all were dead stock and all were 02 with the particular vin code that had valve spring issues. All of these cars were at 20k+

I then found this... quite the opposite. High miles built with spray. http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/5691201233.html

I decided to bite and I'm working on paperwork now.

I ran the vin through Carfax and found 5 owners. No accidents. No crazy odometer information changes. And has been serviced at a dealer for the first 10 years of its life.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:25 PM
Acid666
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 63 Posts

130K with nitrous and cam and various other things for $19K sounds overpriced to me. I could go into detail, but this is something I'd personally steer away from. With that kind of mileage I'd be asking in the 16K price range. Especially with the mods. No telling how much stress the previous owner put on it. That list of mods makes me think that it woulda been rode hard and put up wet.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:38 PM
Bladed-Vaults
Instructor

Originally Posted by Acid666
130K with nitrous and cam and various other things for $19K sounds overpriced to me. I could go into detail, but this is something I'd personally steer away from. With that kind of mileage I'd be asking in the 16K price range. Especially with the mods. No telling how much stress the previous owner put on it. That list of mods makes me think that it woulda been rode hard and put up wet.
Hey you aren't too far from me. I'm over at Fort polk.
I got taxes and gap included in that price so I'm pretty happy about it in that aspect you being here in Louisiana know how hard state taxes hit.

I did a thorough review check on this place before hand. They are not only a dealer but a hot rod shop as well.
And I found nothing but excellent reviews on them. The usual few bad experiences but all were related to sales and nothing with their performance cars.

I thought about mileage too. But my previous ls powered car was anot o4 cts-v with the ls6 and I had a huge texas speed cam, headers, worked heads and all the supporting mods. Got with 126k and sold with over 194k on the dial. And I was not exactly an adult driver with that car. She never let me down mechanically.

That being said I know own each car is different. And if some rings and bearings are in the near future I am not adverse to doing the work.

For now I'll just see how she does with DD duty
The nos kit is getting removed and sold immediately as well
Old 07-23-2016, 05:09 PM
Acid666
Racer

Lol, well all that sounds good. Wasn't trying to hammer you with negativity, it's just that I went through this whole weeding down of Z06s to a list of ones I wanted a few months ago when I got mine.
I drove to Dallas and looked at 4, and then headed south to Houston and looked at 2 more. None of them were a good value to me. I was looking for something with higher mileage to drop the price down and found that all the ones that were over 100K were just a little too banged up for me. Especially when for just a couple of grand more I could get something in the 70K mile range and in slightly better shape.

If you got it out the door for 18,9, then that's a good deal. I bought my car for $20,500 and budgeted in paying the taxes as cash. I read online on multiple places that Louisiana sales tax for vehicles was between 4-5%. I finally go to pay it and it's actually 9%. I was pissed.
But in the end, I love it.

A friend of mine had a CTS-V with TONS of mods and 4.33s in the rear... and it's the only car I've lost to so far. I swear he was spraying on me because he passed me like he was racing a Civic.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:24 PM
Bladed-Vaults
Instructor

Yeah my parish is in 9.5% the only extra I had to pay was 400 for out of state tax processing
I'll be picking the car up next Saturday permitting the army let's me be for a day.

The reason I came back to ls cars from my porsche is how much crazy abuse these can handle.
I adored my porsche and a turbo makes tuning very interesting. But after about 380whp it seemed like nothing was reliable.

I'm quite excited to get back Into a GM car. And my first vette
Old 07-23-2016, 06:20 PM
Acid666
Racer

Lol. This is funny because my boss has a 2005~ish 911 that his wife wanted because we went to a convention in San Diego a few years ago and they rented one for the weekend and she loved it. They barely drive it and don't even put it on a battery tender so they're constantly having to plan it out when they ride it.

He rode in my vette, couldn't believe a bunch of things.
1) How I paid almost 10K less for it than his 911
2) How it feels so much more brutal than theirs
3) How my insurance is cheaper than my '07 Silverado
4) How rotors and brake pads and every other GM OEM part is affordable

I had to explain how his car is similar and does things in just a more refined and expensive way. LOLOLOL. I wouldn't be shocked if he sold his 911 and started looking for a C5Z. Not knocking the imports, I had an MKV GTI with a Stage 2 APR tune and man that car was fun. But dropping tons of money just to make it as powerful as the Z06 is stock isn't super smart. I couldn't imagine my GTI with 380 hp. Would be fun, but not in a fwd car. Porsche is another animal though.

Luckily with my car, the only thing
Old 07-23-2016, 06:34 PM
Bladed-Vaults
Instructor

I had an old 88 951. Front engine 4 cyl turbo. Started life at 240hp and my last dyno was 379rwhp including the car I had about 26k invested. And I was maxed out on the potential of the stock head. Car weighed 2945 lbs and I realised with all I had invested in could have stepped Into a substantially more robust base car and had less to worry about with already having the power.

Sold the porsche a month ago and now here is stand.
I'd never call the car bad. It handled like nothing I've ever driven before. And there's something just special about having a sports car of that caliber. But I'm more interested in raw than refined
Old 07-25-2016, 11:39 AM
chassed
Melting Slicks

Received 281 Likes on 205 Posts

19k with those miles...if you buy that you're playing yourself.

Get notified of new replies

To So its settled (new owner now)

Quick Reply: [Z06] So its settled (new owner now)