Sponsored by:

[Z06] 2001 Z06- Motor not Toasted,

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 11:38 AM
Afterhours
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Z06- Motor not Toasted,

Thanks for all the help, and suggestions. It turns out that instead of a bearing, I had to replace a broken valve spring,Rocker arm, lifter and pushrod....

I ended rebuilding both heads, and replacing the valve springs....She runs great, but started throwing codes.

P0141 bank 01 sensor 02
P0332 Knock sensor
C1214 ABS

the car sat for 8 weeks....

will these codes effect performance, fuel economy etc....it might be a couple of week before I can get them fixed.

Last edited by Afterhours; 08-31-2016 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:43 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 534 Likes on 490 Posts

Throwing it out there... but is the battery fully charged? Are all codes followed with C (current as opposed to H history)?
Old 08-31-2016, 04:22 PM
Afterhours
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grantv
Throwing it out there... but is the battery fully charged? Are all codes followed with C (current as opposed to H history)?
I do not know if they are current or history, I am just going off what mechanic told me. Battery is new. check engine light is on, it was not on before.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:13 PM
dylans
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Afterhours
I do not know if they are current or history, I am just going off what mechanic told me. Battery is new. check engine light is on, it was not on before.
Check the codes yourself. Look for the C or H. I had a few codes in H when I bought mine. Cleared them. Never came back. Some codes will pop up if battery power is lost or too low. That's all. I figured the H codes on mine surfaced when the battery was replaced, creating a loss of power and communication with sensors and controls.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:11 PM
MY03C5Z
Race Director

Received 195 Likes on 148 Posts

Thanks for all the help, and suggestions. It turns out that instead of a bearing, I had to replace a broken valve spring,Rocker arm, lifter and pushrod....

I ended rebuilding both heads, and replacing the valve springs....She runs great, but started throwing codes.

P0141 bank 01 sensor 02 Yes
P0332 Knock sensor. Yes
C1214 ABS. No

the car sat for 8 weeks....

will these codes effect performance, fuel economy etc....it might be a couple of week before I can get them fixed.
First two will effect performance, fuel economy. Last one is a problem with Brake system. O2 and knock sensors are pretty simple replacements if they are bad. Not sure about the brake issue, you should do a search on each of the codes to find out more about whats needed to fix them. Glad to hear your engine problem was relatively minor.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:26 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 534 Likes on 490 Posts

Extremely easy to check...
Get in, close door, turn key to on (do not start).
Click reset on DIC
Hold options button down while hitting fuel button 4 times
Presto; all codes will pop up. Write them down including suffix, post here.

Get notified of new replies

To 2001 Z06- Motor not Toasted,

Quick Reply: [Z06] 2001 Z06- Motor not Toasted,