[Z06] Service Active handling warranty work

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 04:56 AM
Chatty661
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Active handling warranty work

Hi everyone, I need some help please.
So I've had my 03 Z06 for 4 months now, I love it and everything has been great. Recently I've been getting a "active handling" message and either my cruise control will disengage or my brakes make a weird grinding noise and I have to double tap them to make the car stop whether I'm going in a straight line or in neutral. It wasn't that bad in the beginning but has progressively gotten worse(brakes are in great condition) so after a few time's of that happening I'll get a "service active handling" message that stays on and traction control will automatically turn off. So the car is under warranty through colonial warranty and is the best warranty they offer. I took the car to the dealership and after 2 days with the car they said for the warranty to be applied the car has to throw a code and not a previous history one, even though the problem is happening 5x a day...I'm lost at what to do and any advice would help A LOT. I'm 23 and never had to deal with a dealership so literally anything would be awesome. Thanks !!!
Old 09-18-2016, 09:37 AM
ssrallyred
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Chatty661
Hi everyone, I need some help please.
So I've had my 03 Z06 for 4 months now, I love it and everything has been great. Recently I've been getting a "active handling" message and either my cruise control will disengage or my brakes make a weird grinding noise and I have to double tap them to make the car stop whether I'm going in a straight line or in neutral. It wasn't that bad in the beginning but has progressively gotten worse(brakes are in great condition) so after a few time's of that happening I'll get a "service active handling" message that stays on and traction control will automatically turn off. So the car is under warranty through colonial warranty and is the best warranty they offer. I took the car to the dealership and after 2 days with the car they said for the warranty to be applied the car has to throw a code and not a previous history one, even though the problem is happening 5x a day...I'm lost at what to do and any advice would help A LOT. I'm 23 and never had to deal with a dealership so literally anything would be awesome. Thanks !!!
I deal with after market warranties quite often and yes they make it hard to make a shop get paid on a repair.

This is not a focused answer on the problem BUT with you getting the codes repeated so your warranty company will cover them. Clear all the codes and then disconnect the battery for a period of time.

Then you need to drive the car to the shop and "if" the condition repeats itself they need to pull the codes through the DIC BEFORE you turn it off so it shows only current and not historical.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Service Active handling warranty work