Sponsored by:

[Z06] C5 Z06 value question......

Old 01-07-2017, 08:55 PM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that low mile, clean, one owner examples of these cars are getting far and few between and commanding top dollar. If you are the kind of buyer that appreciates and puts value on these things then I say move on it. If you are someone who doesn't care about owner history and having a pristine car with very low miles you can save $3-5K (or more). Bottom line is that every buyer has different needs/wants.... If this car scratches your itch then I don't think the price is out of line at all.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:12 PM
Potent68
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mx113
Just picked up a 2002 Torch Red Z06 this weekend. Absolulely new condition in every way. Completely stock except for an optima yellow top battery. 12,300 miles when I picked it up and 12,500 when I pulled in my drive way. Still on the original tires which are not cracked and still look great. Clean car fax, but I am the 4th owner. I purchased from an individual for $22,000. Maybe this will help some gauge value, maybe not. I went expecting to be disappointed, but couldn't be more excited. It's like a time machine, still smells like a new car!
Too funny. I just bought a 2002 Torch Red Z06 with 8,7xx miles on it (drove from Oregon to Colorado to trailer it home) in great condition for just under $24k. I think I got a screaming deal versus what I see a lot of other low mileage cars going for. The tires were replaced this year. I love the folks who park these cars so I can buy one 14 years later for half what they paid. This car feels brand new!
Old 01-07-2017, 10:26 PM
LemansBlueStingray
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Potent68
Too funny. I just bought a 2002 Torch Red Z06 with 8,7xx miles on it (drove from Oregon to Colorado to trailer it home) in great condition for just under $24k. I think I got a screaming deal versus what I see a lot of other low mileage cars going for. The tires were replaced this year. I love the folks who park these cars so I can buy one 14 years later for half what they paid. This car feels brand new!
I had seen your car online and thought it was a fantastic deal! If it wasn't across the country I may have added it to my current collection of Vette's.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:19 PM
Potent68
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LemansBlueStingray
I had seen your car online and thought it was a fantastic deal! If it wasn't across the country I may have added it to my current collection of Vette's.
Thanks! I was watching it for a week or so before I decided to pull the trigger. Even with the cost of getting it home (about 2500 miles round trip) I felt like I couldn't pass it up. Given the weather we're having here I don't think I've driven more than about 2 miles yet.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:36 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Potent68
Thanks! I was watching it for a week or so before I decided to pull the trigger. Even with the cost of getting it home (about 2500 miles round trip) I felt like I couldn't pass it up. Given the weather we're having here I don't think I've driven more than about 2 miles yet.
and worth it

climate is so good for cars on the west coast they age much slower vs places that salt roads and the corrosive air of the rust belt

was a great find
The following users liked this post:
ArmchairArchitect (01-10-2017)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] C5 Z06 value question......