Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Corbeau A4 shaved + AutoPower Roll Bar + Harness = proper shoulder strap position?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 05:03 PM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

Received 212 Likes on 118 Posts

Default Corbeau A4 shaved + AutoPower Roll Bar + Harness = proper shoulder strap position?

I purchased a C5Z for HPDE events and ~3k miles a year street driving.

In the 600 miles I've driven I can tell that the stock seats are too sloppy to handle HPDE events w/o spending a ton of effort just remaining stationary.

The Corbeau A4 seems like a very popular option. The shaved base w/ submarine strap and suede seat cover seem like a great option to work on the street but also hold me in place on the track and fit my helmet.

I have a weld in AutoPower Race series roll bar that I intend to install harnesses onto.

What I want to be sure of is that the shoulder straps will fit the seats and my body (5'11 w/ average proportions) and not compress me in the event of an accident.

Is anyone running A4 shaved seats w/ harnesses that could provide pictures or input?
Attached Images  

Last edited by turbotuner20v; 11-09-2016 at 05:10 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:49 PM
Z06 Zephyr
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

If you're running the shoulder straps be sure to get the HANS device (or equivalent) too. A lot of people have been killed with the shoulder traps because it holds your shoulder perfectly still but the head moves and it snaps the neck.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:54 PM
turbotuner20v
Safety Car

Received 212 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06 Zephyr
If you're running the shoulder straps be sure to get the HANS device (or equivalent) too. A lot of people have been killed with the shoulder traps because it holds your shoulder perfectly still but the head moves and it snaps the neck.
Thanks, I'll look into that if I use the harness.

For those that use the stock seat belt with the A4 seats, does it keep you in place well on track?
Old 11-29-2016, 09:43 PM
Bobtam
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by turbotuner20v
Thanks, I'll look into that if I use the harness.

For those that use the stock seat belt with the A4 seats, does it keep you in place well on track?
I've used the A4's with stock belts and they work pretty good. This year I installed a harness bar and 5 point harness and the improvement was well worth it.

Get notified of new replies

To Corbeau A4 shaved + AutoPower Roll Bar + Harness = proper shoulder strap position?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Corbeau A4 shaved + AutoPower Roll Bar + Harness = proper shoulder strap position?