[Z06] One Month (Plus a few days) - Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 03:55 PM
BurntNoodle
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default One Month (Plus a few days) - Thoughts

Hello all,

I have now owned my C5z for a little over a month, and cannot begin to express how awesome the car is. I had the opportunity to work with a very talented photographer in previous weeks, and have decided to share a few of these photos with you, as she is still working on getting the rest finished. Feel free to scroll to the end of this post for pictures, if not, enjoy my thoughts on the car.

I have put nearly 1000 miles on the car so far, and have enjoyed every single mile. I seriously couldn't be happier with my purchase. Especially since the Michigan "winter" has been nonexistent. My dad and I are thinking about taking it to Thanksgiving dinner!

She is an absolute blast to drive, even in stock form. I have driven many performance cars (mustangs, camaros, STis, etc) and have been blown away by this car, it pulls harder, handles better, and is so much more fun to drive.

I have already had the pleasure of installing the skip-shift eliminator and the Column Lock Bypass. The skip-shift being removed has really improved the fun factor of driving the car, no longer am I dreading getting stuck with going from 1st to 4th. The Column Lock was preventative maintenance, having read countless "stranded" threads on this Forum convinced me to do it before it became a problem.

I have only a few very minor complaints with the car, and am hoping to get these issues addressed by next Spring.

-The car sometimes has a hard time shifting into 2nd, I have read that this is probably due to dirty trans fluid. I will be replacing the fluid this spring.

-The A/C button stays on, even when the heat is on (Thanks, Michigan.) When I hit the button to turn it off, it just blinks a few times and goes right back on. I dunno if I am doing something wrong or if that is just how the car is.

- The passenger door sometimes unlocks/locks with the fob, and sometimes locks/unlocks with the Driver Side controls. I have read that it could be the Door Control Module.

Other than that, i am really happy with the car. I am not looking forward to storage, as that will be a sad day.

If anyone in the SE Michigan area is interested in the photographer's name/info, I will be more than happy to discuss this with you via PM. I will also continue to update this thread with photos.

Thank you,

John

Old 11-14-2016, 04:39 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 535 Likes on 491 Posts

Welcome aboard. Love driving my 04 (until today... off until spring). Is the heater on defrost when the AC light sticks? If so, it's working right.
Car looks nice.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:00 PM
BurntNoodle
Instructor

Originally Posted by grantv
Welcome aboard. Love driving my 04 (until today... off until spring). Is the heater on defrost when the AC light sticks? If so, it's working right.
Car looks nice.
The heater is on defrost/floor. Good to know that everything is in working order. Thank you for the help and the kind words

John
Old 11-14-2016, 05:12 PM
RomanNYC
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

[QUOTE=BurntNoodle;1593468212]Hello all,

I have now owned my C5z for a little over a month, and cannot begin to express how awesome the car is. I had the opportunity to work with a very talented photographer in previous weeks, and have decided to share a few of these photos with you, as she is still working on getting the rest finished. Feel free to scroll to the end of this post for pictures, if not, enjoy my thoughts on the car.

I have put nearly 1000 miles on the car so far, and have enjoyed every single mile. I seriously couldn't be happier with my purchase. Especially since the Michigan "winter" has been nonexistent. My dad and I are thinking about taking it to Thanksgiving dinner!

She is an absolute blast to drive, even in stock form. I have driven many performance cars (mustangs, camaros, STis, etc) and have been blown away by this car, it pulls harder, handles better, and is so much more fun to drive.

I have already had the pleasure of installing the skip-shift eliminator and the Column Lock Bypass. The skip-shift being removed has really improved the fun factor of driving the car, no longer am I dreading getting stuck with going from 1st to 4th. The Column Lock was preventative maintenance, having read countless "stranded" threads on this Forum convinced me to do it before it became a problem.

I have only a few very minor complaints with the car, and am hoping to get these issues addressed by next Spring.

-The car sometimes has a hard time shifting into 2nd, I have read that this is probably due to dirty trans fluid. I will be replacing the fluid this spring.

-The A/C button stays on, even when the heat is on (Thanks, Michigan.) When I hit the button to turn it off, it just blinks a few times and goes right back on. I dunno if I am doing something wrong or if that is just how the car is.

- The passenger door sometimes unlocks/locks with the fob, and sometimes locks/unlocks with the Driver Side controls. I have read that it could be the Door Control Module.

Other than that, i am really happy with the car. I am not looking forward to storage, as that will be a sad day.

If anyone in the SE Michigan area is interested in the photographer's name/info, I will be more than happy to discuss this with you via PM. I will also continue to update this thread with photos.

Thank you,

John

(if you want some really really good shots do it a few minutes before sunrise or after sunrise. night time you get very grainy images unless you have controlled lighting)

Last edited by RomanNYC; 11-14-2016 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:20 PM
BurntNoodle
Instructor

[QUOTE=RomanNYC;1593468734]
Originally Posted by BurntNoodle

(should try to do shots a few minutes before sunrise or after sunrise. night time you get very grainy images unless you have controlled lighting)
Yeah, she told me that as well. Unfortunately we had conflicting schedules which basically forced us to only do night time photos. There are plans for another photo shoot in Spring, when we both have more time.

Thanks for the advice.

John
Old 11-23-2016, 12:09 PM
BurntNoodle
Instructor

Got a few more pictures from her, these ones turned out a little bit better (She was using a different camera, and we had more light available to work with). Gonna go into storage tomorrow or Friday Already counting down the days until Spring

John

Old 11-24-2016, 01:11 PM
Dennis Wilson
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

The heater is on defrost/floor. Good to know that everything is in working order. Thank you for the help and the kind words

John
AC will stay on in any defrost mode . To dry the air. Congrats on the car! Nice!
Old 11-24-2016, 05:53 PM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

Congrats! Very sharp!
Old 11-25-2016, 05:15 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Very nice... enjoy.
Old 11-26-2016, 08:07 AM
Shakeydeal
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 254 Posts

Very nice car and congratulations.

However, I'm not very impressed with your photographer.

Shakey
Old 11-26-2016, 08:12 AM
BurntNoodle
Instructor

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal
Very nice car and congratulations.

However, I'm not very impressed with your photographer.

Shakey
I could agree with you on that completely, but she worked for free and it gave us a chance to catch up since we haven't seen each other since we graduated college a few years ago.

John
Old 11-26-2016, 09:07 AM
Tuco
Team Owner

Location: Blessed are the cracked. For they are the ones who let in the light.
Received 165 Likes on 136 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Congrats on the ride... and agree on pic comments, could have been better.
All good for the price though, and i'm sure they will be better in spring.
Old 11-26-2016, 12:27 PM
radar502
Safety Car

Received 289 Likes on 222 Posts

Nice ride ,the A/C is kinda funny I know way to simple but read the owners manual about how to work the A/C . The thing is smarter that we are still after 3 years trying to figure it out . On the other stuff the panel's door Etc. be very carful with them more of a pain than fixing the broken stuff..
Old 12-02-2016, 10:23 PM
oldvtr
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default door locks

Hello all,

Thank you,

John

the door control modules do not have to be replaced to fix the lock/unlock issues if you have some basic mechanical and soldering skills. Search this forum for info on this issue. I pulled inside door panels off, removed the DCM's and replaced the non-working unlock relays for $10 each and 2 hours of my time. DCM's cost about $250 at dealer and labor will likely equal that.

Get notified of new replies

To One Month (Plus a few days) - Thoughts

Quick Reply: [Z06] One Month (Plus a few days) - Thoughts