Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] New Z06 Owner Introduction and Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 11:51 AM
radar502
Safety Car

Received 290 Likes on 223 Posts

Cool ride for sure . I think the shifting at high RPM on these Z Corvettes cam be a prop. at times . I have had 4-5 shifters in my 04 Z so Meany can's remember and come to find out was the old master put new GM up grad and way better now ( you got that ) . Has Callaway shifter in it now love it .. This might sound way too easy change out trans fluid put in Royal Purple ,I know people like this and that but I have used this stuff over the years and it has saved me big time on repairs ,had a rear big time noises in it used Royal Purple noise went away got it in my trans now I can tell the difference in the shifting .. Just saying first thing I would do .. 04 Z-16 440 RWHP
Old 12-08-2016, 01:03 PM
Z.youngg85@gmail.com
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by radar502
Cool ride for sure . I think the shifting at high RPM on these Z Corvettes cam be a prop. at times . I have had 4-5 shifters in my 04 Z so Meany can's remember and come to find out was the old master put new GM up grad and way better now ( you got that ) . Has Callaway shifter in it now love it .. This might sound way too easy change out trans fluid put in Royal Purple ,I know people like this and that but I have used this stuff over the years and it has saved me big time on repairs ,had a rear big time noises in it used Royal Purple noise went away got it in my trans now I can tell the difference in the shifting .. Just saying first thing I would do .. 04 Z-16 440 RWHP
I was reading up on the good reviews from the Royal Purple fluid change. Definetly worth a shot.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:04 PM
Z.youngg85@gmail.com
Advanced

Originally Posted by furious465
As far as power mods I have kooks headers and x-pipe, streetsweeper ht cam and supporting valve train mods, varraram, and a tune.
Wow we have very similar set ups for sure.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:28 PM
furious427
Drifting

Received 446 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by Z.youngg85@gmail.com
Wow we have very similar set ups for sure.
I also have royal purple in my tranny and diff, mgw shifter, and monster stage 2 clutch, the car shifts awesome under wide open throttle, drag racing conditions.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:37 AM
Z.youngg85@gmail.com
Advanced

Originally Posted by furious465
I also have royal purple in my tranny and diff, mgw shifter, and monster stage 2 clutch, the car shifts awesome under wide open throttle, drag racing conditions.
Im going to order the mgw shifter. Just trying to decide what **** set up, flat stick etc to go with. Tranny fluid change looks easy just need to find ramps and correct way to jack this up at home. i have the pucks.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:14 AM
furious427
Drifting

Received 446 Likes on 319 Posts

Im going to order the mgw shifter. Just trying to decide what **** set up, flat stick etc to go with. Tranny fluid change looks easy just need to find ramps and correct way to jack this up at home. i have the pucks.
For what it's worth I chose the race **** and I love it, feels good in the hand.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:11 PM
radar502
Safety Car

Race ramps are Ok and I have a set got dust on them now . Went to Harbor fright ,the steel jacks ( NOT ONE TWO) the ones that go up to 21" not the Alum. ones they go just to 17-18: the 21" way better and get 4 of the 2.5T stands , Put jack one on each side jack up a little them the other side install stands do the same in the back BAM do what you want under the C-5 . With the 21" jacks install headers what you want to do got lots of room .. Jacks about $65 ea.- + last for ever.. I could not do with out them .. Just an FYI..
Old 12-09-2016, 07:54 PM
Z.youngg85@gmail.com
Advanced

Originally Posted by radar502
Race ramps are Ok and I have a set got dust on them now . Went to Harbor fright ,the steel jacks ( NOT ONE TWO) the ones that go up to 21" not the Alum. ones they go just to 17-18: the 21" way better and get 4 of the 2.5T stands , Put jack one on each side jack up a little them the other side install stands do the same in the back BAM do what you want under the C-5 . With the 21" jacks install headers what you want to do got lots of room .. Jacks about $65 ea.- + last for ever.. I could not do with out them .. Just an FYI..
Funny thing is I was just at harbor freight yesterday. Are you jacking up each side under the pucks? Where are you putting the jack stands if you are using the pucks to jack the car up? I saw the steel jacks and I believe one was low profile as well. Sorry for all the questions. It's my first vette.
Old 12-10-2016, 01:07 PM
radar502
Safety Car

I put the stands under the alum. cross member under the motor in the front I have a 2/4 cut to fit across it and put stand on each side ,don't have to use 2/4 I do to keep the stands from skinning up the alum . ( That's me ) in the back you will see the same Alum. in the back going across form side to side .. 2/4 then stands on each side .. The low profile steel jacks are the ones make sure they are the ones that go up to I think 21" not the 17-18 ones ,the 3 extra 3" is a good thing . With the 21" jacks and stands can get the C-5 way up there and do most anything do need to do under it . JUST MAKE SURE YOU SHAKE THE THING before you get under it make sure its happy siting on the stands..
Old 12-11-2016, 08:57 AM
BigBlue
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

I remember in my old c5 I went through two transmissions in 20k miles. Kept tearing synchros and cones out from "high performance driving." Dealer told me to put a short throw shifter in. Put a kirban in and never had another problem. It's got adjustable stop bolts on it to keep you from shifting to hard and stressing parts which is what the dealer said was happening.

Quick Reply: [Z06] New Z06 Owner Introduction and Questions