Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Need help with replica g/s wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 09:34 AM
04zjimc
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Need help with replica g/s wheels!

I'm about to purchase oem grand sport wheels for my 04z. I was told oem z06 wheels and g/'s wheels will not fit...and stickout too much. I did research and found alot of info. but I spoke with someone on the forum that sells replicas and he said the reps are the way to go but they weight 5-6 pounds more but I wouldnt notice the difference? Car is a weekend car.
Old 01-25-2017, 09:25 AM
NVTHIS
Le Mans Master

Location: Piedmont, SC Currently Own: 99 Nassau blue FRC. Previously Owned: 84,95,98 Indy Pace,01 Z06
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

I would go oem over the replicas any day. I'm running oem c6 grandsports and went from a 325 tire to a 305 tire in the rear to decrease the poke. I'm also running c6 z06 splash guards to go with the look. Some 305 tires are narrower than others, which wouldn't make the poke as bad. My 305 pirelli is wider than most. The tread of the pirelli tire sits just barely past my rear fenders. I did run 325s on the rear for some time, but felt the 305 would be best for me until I go flared fenders. Quality on replica wheels worry me sometimes. In the end, it's your car, so do what you like. As far as weight difference, you probably wouldn't notice hardly any difference under normal driving. Rotational mass really comes into play when racing.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Need help with replica g/s wheels!