[Z06] LG Motorsports Coil overs G2 vs GT2. What is right for me?? FAQ inside

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 06:19 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Default LG Motorsports Coil overs G2 vs GT2. What is right for me?? FAQ inside

One of the most common questions we are asked, which coil overs are right for me?

G2 vs GT2

Short version....if it is almost stock and you multi purpose the car, GT2's, if you are building for a specific use G2's.

Now the long version..
LG G2 Coil overs

Details
  • C5 through C7 applications available.
  • Full bolt on install, no modifications of the car required
  • Shock valving and spring rates are spec'd with each order
  • HyperCo springs used
  • Bilstein Motorsport shock (LG valving)
  • various shock length combos available
  • adjustable ride height
  • Spherical bearing mounts
  • All kits built to order: touring, road race, and drag race

2016+ G2 update detail thread here

The G2 line of coil overs for the Corvette can be dated back to 1998 when we first developed them for the very first C5 World Challenge Corvette. We have since adapted, updated, and spec'd G2 coil over kits for C5 through the latest C7 edition Corvette to perform at it's best in what ever application you need. Our G2 line has probably more wins in both the Pro and Amateur ranks than any coil over kit on the market today.

Heavy aero cars, drag cars, and extensively modified cars I suggest the G2's personally.

When you purchase a set of G2's you are taking in our 30 years of racing experience to get you the proper setup on the car and make sure it is right for you and the car so you can focus on driving, not jacking the car up between rounds to turn ***** and dials. Adjustable race shocks are nice but at the end of the day those adjustments only make up for a small time difference on track. The major components: critical valving, spring rates, bars, alignment, tires, and driver....those are going to make the big changes. Our kits are consistent, fast, and comfortable to drive street or track. Talk to your sales person about details on a kit for your car.

LG GT2 Coil Overs

Details
  • C5 through C7 applications available.
  • Full bolt on install, no modifications of the car required
  • Shock and spring rates taken and used from our most popular G2 combos
  • Spherical bearing mounts
  • 12 way single adjustable shock
  • adjustable spring pre-load and shock body length

The GT2 coil over line was brought about for the consumer that might do a number of different things from taking the car to the track once and a while, maybe going on a trip with it, and a pass or two down the strip. Valving and spring rates are based off of our most popular G2 combo's and use a 12 way single adjustment for the customer to fine tune to their needs. Shock bodies are modular and allow for different setup lengths as well as spring pre-loads based off what the customer wants for ride height.

The GT2 line has been extremely popular with a number of our customers, and most famously by Rich Willhoff in the Optima Challenge series taking first place in class with his C6Z running our GT2 coil overs, G1 bars, spindles, and mono *****.....just ask for the "RichieRich package"

Of course....was the corvette frame built for coil overs?

Last edited by Anthony @ LGMotorsports; 01-25-2017 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:51 PM
0Cesar @LGMOTORSPORTS
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

All G2 back orders have shipped, get an order in now with no wait time!
Old 03-18-2017, 05:01 PM
mwestc5
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default LG GT2 Coilover:

I want to thank Anthony and Cesar @ LG.
I have an older version of the LG GT2 Coilovers on my Z.
Left front shock broke into 2 pieces on track. The top snapped off.
Sent pics to LG.
They thought it looked repairable if they had the parts as this was an older version of the shock no longer available.
I sent them both front shocks.
At first I was a bit disappointed by the lack of communication. But once I spoke with Anthony and Cesar everything went smoothly, They were able to repair the shock and did a fantastic job at a very fair price. Shocks now work like new.
They could easily have told me it was not repairable or parts not available and sold me 2 new shocks. But they didn't do that. They repaired it perfectly and I could not be happier.
Thanks to Anthony and Cesar.
The following users liked this post:
LG Motorsports (03-18-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 06:07 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Hi Guys,

that is what I have stressed to all my employees,. We stand behind our products and we work hard to over deliver. We are going through some personel changes at the moment but EVERY LG Employee will follow the same philosophy that we have strived to achieve for the last 28 years with our parts.

We will be moving into our new company HQ in the next 5 weeks but we will keep pace with orders and the move .
We have 22 full Tractor Trailer loads that have to be moved including inventory.

Thanks for your business over the years,.

Lou Gigliotti
LG Motorsports

Starting to move in before Construction is complete!

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 03-18-2017 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:18 PM
fireball111
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

What is the initial ride height drop for the GT2 Coils?
I have C5 Z06 and many of the businesses in the area have quarter curbs to get into the parking lot so I don't want to go to much lower than the car sits now. I just want to drop it a little to satisfy the visual gap of the fender to the tire, also on spirted drives the car does not feel connected to the road. The front end feels very floaty over a section the has many ripples in it from winter shrinkage and summer expansion.

Get notified of new replies

To LG Motorsports Coil overs G2 vs GT2. What is right for me?? FAQ inside

Quick Reply: [Z06] LG Motorsports Coil overs G2 vs GT2. What is right for me?? FAQ inside