Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Looking for a new exhaust setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 04:40 PM
dylans
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I ended up going with the Corsa Xtreme. After so much reading and listening, I think it'll be best for me.

Now on to install. It's coming in Thursday and I'm kind of afraid of doing the install myself considering the precarious position I'll have to get the car into. One shop in my area wants $250 for install and two other shops said they'll only do it if they can cut the stock system off because they "don't want to take the whole car apart." I tried explaining the procedure with enough access and they weren't gonna listen. So what do I do? Any suggestions?
Old 03-20-2017, 08:34 PM
ZZOOM06
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dylans
I ended up going with the Corsa Xtreme. After so much reading and listening, I think it'll be best for me.

Now on to install. It's coming in Thursday and I'm kind of afraid of doing the install myself considering the precarious position I'll have to get the car into. One shop in my area wants $250 for install and two other shops said they'll only do it if they can cut the stock system off because they "don't want to take the whole car apart." I tried explaining the procedure with enough access and they weren't gonna listen. So what do I do? Any suggestions?
Any decent mechanic with a 2 or 4 post lift can do the job in about 1.5 hours. The stock exhaust comes off easily if you have a lift or can get the car high enough off the ground. Installing the Corsa should be very easy, you'll spend more time getting the tips lined up than you will installing the over-axle pipes and the mufflers. PLEASE don't cut up the Ti system,,,they are getting more rare every year and will be worth good money as long as they aren't cut.
Please post pics and a vid when you are done!

Jimbo
The following users liked this post:
dylans (03-20-2017)
Old 03-20-2017, 09:24 PM
dylans
Instructor

Originally Posted by ZZOOM06
Any decent mechanic with a 2 or 4 post lift can do the job in about 1.5 hours. The stock exhaust comes off easily if you have a lift or can get the car high enough off the ground. Installing the Corsa should be very easy, you'll spend more time getting the tips lined up than you will installing the over-axle pipes and the mufflers. PLEASE don't cut up the Ti system,,,they are getting more rare every year and will be worth good money as long as they aren't cut.
Please post pics and a vid when you are done!

Jimbo
I'll keep hunting for someone who can and will. I WON'T be cutting the Ti's off, nor will I be allowing anyone else too. I'd love to attempt myself, but getting it that high off the ground scares me...
Old 03-21-2017, 01:54 PM
493lszosix
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 104 Posts

Love my Extreme's but I don't think my neighbors care for them
The following users liked this post:
dylans (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 09:09 PM
dylans
Instructor

Originally Posted by 493lszosix
Love my Extreme's but I don't think my neighbors care for them
I'm not looking to annoy my neighbours. But I hope it's loud enough to help them learn to appreciate the Ls6.

My neighbour just bought a harley, no muffler. It literally made my kids cry once. I was in awe, but I suppose as long as I'm not louder than him I won't feel like a jerk.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Looking for a new exhaust setup