Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Winter build update and questions for the crew..

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 09:29 PM
MY03C5Z
Race Director

Received 195 Likes on 148 Posts

Wheels are looking good, cold here too. We're getting hit hard by this N.E. blizzard tonight. Talking about 20"+ of snow by tomorrow, just when I thought spring was near! Oh well Lol.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:19 PM
Jeffdenney
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MY03C5Z
Wheels are looking good, cold here too. We're getting hit hard by this N.E. blizzard tonight. Talking about 20"+ of snow by tomorrow, just when I thought spring was near! Oh well Lol.
We were SO close here. was 60 degrees a few weeks ago.

I feel sorry for you guys on the east coast. Getting Hammered!
Old 03-15-2017, 09:43 PM
tungstenfoot
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

You are inspiring me to take on TT rebuild and clutch, but not till next year.
If you measure from jack points: How high do you need the car up at front? And at rear?

Check out the Mighty Mouse Solutions catch can too. It is quality piece w unique features and good flow. My first time purchase, havent installed yet though.

I would not recommend "hardbar" or "vansteel" camber kit, i have that kit (Vansteel= Old hardbar inventory) and they don't fit the cradle correct. Ask me how i know. Vansteel does some quality stuff just can't recommend their camber kit w/o modification. The AMT looks like it is designed w proper edge/corner breaks to clear the cradle endmill full radius slots. Heck by the sounds of it you should machine your own camber kit!

Last edited by tungstenfoot; 03-15-2017 at 10:25 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by tungstenfoot:
Jeffdenney (03-19-2017), Mark@AMT Motorsport (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 08:07 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by tungstenfoot
I would not recommend "hardbar" or "vansteel" camber kit, i have that kit (Vansteel= Old hardbar inventory) and they don't fit the cradle correct. Ask me how i know. Vansteel does some quality stuff just can't recommend their camber kit w/o modification. The AMT looks like it is designed w proper edge/corner breaks to clear the cradle endmill full radius slots.
Yes I never understood how the Pfadt kit is just sharp edges everywhere. I mean, they just waterjet cut them and it would cost something to put an actual chamfer on the edges like we do, but there is substantial enough radius in the corners of the cradles that either 1) Your plates have to be quite a bit smaller to fit well or 2) You have to crush the corners of the plates when you bolt them down.

You can see the chamfer on the back edge of the plate (no engraving) is quite a bit bigger than the front edge of the plate (with engraving) so that it fits properly in the cradle. Just one of those things we take the extra time to think about to make sure we deliver the best product available.

Last edited by Mark@AMT Motorsport; 03-16-2017 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:11 PM
tungstenfoot
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Check out post #43 more info

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-issues-3.html
Old 03-19-2017, 01:25 AM
Jeffdenney
Advanced

If you measure from jack points: How high do you need the car up at front? And at rear?

Check out the Mighty Mouse Solutions catch can too. It is quality piece w unique features and good flow. My first time purchase, havent installed yet though.

I would not recommend "hardbar" or "vansteel" camber kit, i have that kit (Vansteel= Old hardbar inventory) and they don't fit the cradle correct. Ask me how i know. Vansteel does some quality stuff just can't recommend their camber kit w/o modification. The AMT looks like it is designed w proper edge/corner breaks to clear the cradle endmill full radius slots. Heck by the sounds of it you should machine your own camber kit!
I will measure the frame height tomorrow, I'm gonna try to get out there early and get most of the car back together. I don't know dimensions on any of the camber kits or I probably would. It would be pretty hard to sway me from the AMT kit at this point. I have been lazy on ordering it, but none of the other kits I have seen look as well built and their customer service is on point.

I looked at the Mighty mouse cans and they are sweet. A little pricey, but look like a quality piece.

Last edited by Jeffdenney; 03-19-2017 at 01:28 AM. Reason: forgot to mention Mighty mouse CC.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:30 PM
Jeffdenney
Advanced

I have my car front and rear from floor to the frame right next to the jack points measures 17 1/4". I would say that is about as low as you would want to do it. I'm average build as far as thickness front to back lol and it gets tight under there sometimes. Having the rear a little higher would be nice. the front isnt too bad except for the clutch quick disconnect is tight but that may be because of my headers. I say go for it, its not that bad. Just take your time and double check things.
The following users liked this post:
tungstenfoot (03-19-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 08:02 PM
Jeffdenney
Advanced

Originally Posted by MSUGTO
Let us know if you have any issues with traction control running the square setup. Seems like some guys do, I did on my 2000 FRC, and some don't. Thanks!

Tires/wheels are mounted and been on a few test runs. No Traction control issues on my car. It kicks when I spin and never any other times. Engine and diff mounts are awesome! car seems alot more solid without the shifter moving around on me. Something cleared up alot of wheel hop issues I had last year. I know worn control arm bushings sometimes cause that so I will be replacing them to prevent that and deflection.

In these pics I have aluminum lug nuts. They were cheap and look cool for pics, but will be coming off soon for a set of Katech Ti pieces. I dont trust the aluminum ones, they do look cool though.

I wanted to do a cam this spring and all supporting mods for that, but I cannot stand the quality/fitment of the OBX headers the previous owner put on and will be swapping those for LG, Kooks, or ARH here shortly and then maybe a cam this summer.

I am gonna ask my tuner if I can get a dyno with the OBX headers/no cat mid pipes and another with the LG motorsports headers to compare the power difference. I'm curious of that and they are right around the corner.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:28 AM
MSUGTO
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Thank you for the update, glad to hear there's not any issues with traction control!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Winter build update and questions for the crew..