Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Anone in the Northern Illinois area w/B&B PRT's PRT's on their Z??

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 08:30 PM
sbmrinaldi
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anone in the Northern Illinois area w/B&B PRT's PRT's on their Z??

I am really thinking about swapping my stock exhaust now. I am down to 2 picks based on price and what I think is the sound I would prefer (louder than stock). I am leaning towards the PRT's or the Borla Stinger Quad Tips. Does anyone in my area have the PRT's or the Stingers installed on their Z? If so, can I meet you somewhere to hear it? I live in Rockford, IL and would love to hear both of these to help me decide. I went to the Vette show in Madison this year and a vendor was hyping his PRT on his Z show car, but could not fire it up since it was inside. That was the closest I have made it to the PRT's. Thanks guys.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:36 PM
Z06 Quin
Safety Car

Default Re: Anone in the Northern Illinois area w/B&B PRT's PRT's on their Z?? (sbmrinaldi)

I can tell you the PRT's absolutely SCREAM on the Z....I have and 03 Z, and there's alot of difference compared to my '00 Coupe.....but at cruising it's better becasue of the gearing...I'm sure the Stingers will sound great also, either way, if you like to here your motor, this will do it... :cheers:
Old 10-30-2002, 02:37 AM
FLYNLO
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Anone in the Northern Illinois area w/B&B PRT's PRT's on their Z?? (PoBoy Racer)

Keep us posted with what you go with and why. I will be making the same decision here soon. Seems like a lot of folks like the stingers. I have always been a fan of the PRTs. Good Luck!!!
Old 10-30-2002, 10:39 AM
sbmrinaldi
Pro

Default Re: Anone in the Northern Illinois area w/B&B PRT's PRT's on their Z?? (FLYNLO)

Thanks. Still confused, I thougt if someone heard both then the louder more aggressive exhaust would stand out and be obvious. Apparently not since I have had someone say side by side the Stingers are louder and then another say the PRT's are louder. :confused: I was looking for a clear winner on tone. But again the Stingers claim running a dyno gives them a proven gain in HP. If that is the case I might have to go that route. Any added HP would be nice. :D
Old 10-30-2002, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Anone in the Northern Illinois area w/B&B PRT's PRT's on their Z?? (sbmrinaldi)

I have the Stinger on my 01 Z06. I have also heard the PRT on another Z. The PRT is louder but not offensive. I was told the PRT cruises nicely @ 70 with no problem. When he got on the PRT, it was loud. I heard the PRT all the way around Road America at a hot lapping event.

I have the Stinger but I would consider the PRT. Stinger is a little deeper sound at idle. PRT is raspier. Hope that helps.
Old 10-30-2002, 01:25 PM
sbmrinaldi
Pro

Default Re: Anone in the Northern Illinois area w/B&B PRT's PRT's on their Z?? (Chalky'sC5)

Dave,
Thanks for the input. I am now leaning toward the PRT. I was 90% sure on the new Quad Stinger, but you think the PRT is a little louder? How is the sound of your Stinger at idle and low RPM's, is it louder than stock I hope? Thanks for the input.
Old 10-30-2002, 02:26 PM

Dave,
Thanks for the input. I am now leaning toward the PRT. I was 90% sure on the new Quad Stinger, but you think the PRT is a little louder? How is the sound of your Stinger at idle and low RPM's, is it louder than stock I hope? Thanks for the input.
Stinger is a deeper rumple, better sounding and louder than the stock Ti. The Stinger really comes alive around 4000 RPM. The PTR I heard @ Road America was incredible. Therer were 100 cars @ RA but the PTR car I could always hear. It definitely stood out. I had followed this guy one day while cruising. It is "BAD BAD sounding system. It is LOUD when stepped on and noticable when accelerating.

Good luck with your decision.

Get notified of new replies

To Anone in the Northern Illinois area w/B&B PRT's PRT's on their Z??

Quick Reply: [Z06] Anone in the Northern Illinois area w/B&B PRT's PRT's on their Z??