Sponsored by:

How do people react to your Corvette: Corvette Driving Poll

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 07:49 PM
SKamarra
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do people react to your Corvette: Corvette Driving Poll

I’m working on an article for a Corvette magazine, sort of an unscientific driving poll about how the general public reacts to Corvettes. I am looking for anecdotes or stories based on experiences you’ve had while driving and enjoying Corvettes.

If you are interested in taking a look at the questions, and the premise behind this poll, visit http://www.jagpromotions.com/corvett...edrivepoll.htm

Thanks for the interest,
Jeff Glenn.
Old 11-14-2004, 07:59 PM
Poptops
Burning Brakes

Did they commission you to do this "unscientific study"? Even as honest as Corvette folks seem to be, they might stretch their stories if they thought they'd see them in print. Good luck with the project.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:17 PM
madeouttaglass
Le Mans Master

Location: AKA Harvey Mushman-I know just enough to be dangerous "Those who sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither"- B. Franklin
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

The best Vette reactions that I get is from boys 7 to 17 years old.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:37 PM
MSGvette
Safety Car

I get alot of when driving.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:39 PM
EFI-1
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Shock & Awe!
Old 11-14-2004, 08:41 PM
yelloyello
Melting Slicks

CI 6-7, 9-10 Veteran

A lot of people stopping in their tracks to either stare, point, or tell me what a great looking car I have. The ones that make me laugh are when I am stopped at a light and either look over or in the rear view to see kids sitting up and getting excited about it.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:45 PM
T's
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08

I get
Old 11-14-2004, 08:53 PM
NJblackrose92
Instructor

The kids get me - at shows, boy or girl doesn't matter. They love to sit in it, look at the engine, it's great.

Old 11-14-2004, 08:55 PM
AC54ME
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
CI-VI Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by NJblackrose92
The kids get me - at shows, boy or girl doesn't matter. They love to sit in it, look at the engine, it's great.

Old 11-14-2004, 09:09 PM
C5 KIDD
Drifting

Cruise-In VI Veteran

i usually turn a lot of heads seeing as how my car sounds like an all out drag car!!

i think the whole "wow" factor is gone when it comes to vettes though. for the most part we are a dime a dozen. i do get a lot of thumbs up though, and many, MANY cars trying to race me.

my favorite is when i notice cars driving around me putting their windows down so they can hear my car! thats when i usually give it the drop into 2nd gear at 50mph and really give them something to smile about!
Old 11-14-2004, 09:22 PM
Babybus Driver
Advanced

On my first day of owning the car last month I was driving past the local high school when a couple of young girls yelled "Hey Sugar Daddy....nice car.....looking for a Sweetheart?". It made my day!

Last edited by Babybus Driver; 11-14-2004 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:26 PM
ELTGuy_C5
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '05

Recently I did a "shadow your student day" at my step-daughters middle school (she is in 7th grade). On many occasions throuought the day some 12 or 13 year old dude (who had better stay 50 ft away from my little girl!!!! ) would come up to me and say:
Hey, your that dude with the vette arent' you? Sweet ride man....

-chris
Old 11-14-2004, 09:29 PM
DC-STRO
Race Director

Location: After reading this thread, I gotta tell ya... you're an ass. .
Received 48 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-11-'12-'13

Many people around 20 years of age seem to look like, thats a b@dass car, I wish I had one.

Many people around 30 years of age look at me like, look at that pr!ck in the vette.

Many people around 40 years of age look at me like, That guy is going through his midlife crisis. I wonder if that is his wife or girlfriend with him.

Many people around 50 years of age look at me like, I should get one.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:46 PM
Z0SLIK
Race Director

The best reactions are those from the rednecks in the backwoods of Alabama. " Dam Clem didya see that there CORE VETTE! HEE haw.
Old 11-14-2004, 10:01 PM
Slammed Vette
Safety Car

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Originally Posted by Dean Stroschein
Many people around 20 years of age seem to look like, thats a b@dass car, I wish I had one.

Many people around 30 years of age look at me like, look at that pr!ck in the vette.

Many people around 40 years of age look at me like, That guy is going through his midlife crisis. I wonder if that is his wife or girlfriend with him.

Many people around 50 years of age look at me like, I should get one.
Old 11-14-2004, 10:27 PM
Zilla
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: All that glitters is Gold - Hockey Is CANADA'S game
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Just on Saturday a girl about 6 or 7 was with her dad and as she walked by the car she said in a low voice that I had an awesome car and gave the thumbs up. i think we may have another TrayC6 on our hands
Old 11-14-2004, 10:57 PM
charlene
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

I went to the library about a month ago across from the library are some schools as i was going to my car i heard alot of people calling hey lady nice car it was a whole group of boys about sixth graders that were suppose to be playing ball but were up against the playground fence yelling at me about likeing my car it made me feel great.

Get notified of new replies

To How do people react to your Corvette: Corvette Driving Poll

Old 11-14-2004, 11:09 PM
Zeek
CF Superior Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 275 Likes on 125 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07, '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20,'21-'22-'23-'24
Official Sponsor of the 60 Day VacatioNN
10,000 poster in the "thread" Part II

Where I live, it's mostly cotton farm country and the locals are not the wealthyest around. Driving my Vette back from Chicago, where I bought it, I didnt really notice anybody really noticing the Vette (of course I was so wrapped up in my new toy I may not have noticed), but when I got home and drove thru "main street", you would have thought I was driving a Lambo for pete sake..!!

Then I drove it to one of our Sheriff Dept training classes and the Sheriff said he needed to borrow my Vette to do a drug bust...!!! I told him not to worry, I was having a key made up for each deputy on the dept.....!!!!
Old 11-14-2004, 11:39 PM
Mark-44
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As I was returning to my white C-5 coupe parked on the far end of the local Wal-Mart lot; I noticed a Chevy Crew Cab pick-up pull in close to my car. The truck was being used by the driver's family and a little girl about 10 years old was walking around the Corvette. Come to find out she was admiring the car; her mother said she has always liked Corvettes. The girl had a small camera as was trying to take a picture. I asked her if she wanted her picture taken with the car, borrowed her camera and took a picture that made her day - mine to.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:02 AM
SilverMN6
Pro

Just some unscientific observations here:

Below driving age children will sometime show reactions, from extended glances to a comment such as "nice car".

Young to middle age adults show little if any reaction. We know sports cars, but it may be that many do not know one make of car from another.

At least around here, police show little interest in my car. Maybe my age, 52, has something to do with it.

I think that others, especially strangers, notice a lot less about our pride and joy than we want to believe. It may just be that when they look in our direction as we drive by or pull up to park, we assume that they admire our apparent wealth, class, and taste; kinda like the old fable "The Emperor with No Clothes".

Among others such as co-workers, friends, and relatives, their reaction can be anything from expressed envy to disinterest, to the standard comments about middle-age crazy and male inadequacy.

To many women out here, especially the professional women who pull down substantial salaries($80k to $100k and more per year), I have often seen a giggle or roll of the eyes or the standard snicker about middle-age and inadequacy - I think they lump us with the guys who have bumper stickers that say "sit down shut up, and hang on" or guys who think and talk of their Corvettes as a "babe magnet". They like BMWs and Mercedes(babe magnets in their own right, but BMW and Mercedes drivers do not say it that way), but are not all that impressed with Corvettes or Corvette drivers. Though I am happily married and am not out looking, I can say that I get a much better reaction from women when I pull up in my S-Class Mercedes than in my C5.

Good luck with your project.

Quick Reply: How do people react to your Corvette: Corvette Driving Poll