C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone elses passenger window not auto sealing when door shuts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 09:44 PM
M_C7
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anyone elses passenger window not auto sealing when door shuts?

i got my car back from the dealer today and i noticed that on the passenger side window the window wont move back up like it does after the door shuts you have to manually do, it will roll down when you open the door but not back up, there will be a little crack at the top from it not auto sealing

wonder if it has anythign to do with the something they did to fix the pulley issue . like a battery disconnect or something like that.

anyone else heard of this
Old 02-19-2005, 09:46 PM
ttomczak
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by M_C6
i got my car back from the dealer today and i noticed that on the passenger side window the window wont move back up like it does after the door shuts you have to manually do, it will roll down when you open the door but not back up, there will be a little crack at the top from it not auto sealing

wonder if it has anythign to do with the something they did to fix the pulley issue . like a battery disconnect or something like that.

anyone else heard of this
Happens, just check your manual, I think you have to hold the switch for about 5 seconds, called re-indexing...
Old 02-19-2005, 09:56 PM
M_C7
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ttomczak
Happens, just check your manual, I think you have to hold the switch for about 5 seconds, called re-indexing...

oh ok thanks

after all ive been through i would hate to have to go back to the dreaded dealer for something like that
Old 02-20-2005, 05:37 AM
csex
Intermediate

Default easy fix

had same prob when after taking my car for srervice,it seems if battery dies or disconected you have to reprogram it.
Its in the manuel just raise both windows and hold both switch for 3 second then remove your fingers and hold both switch again for 3 second.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:56 AM
coolcat
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This happened to me the other day when it was 22 degrees outside. Opened the door the window dropped slightly (indexing) closed the door and the window did not go back up. So I pulled up on the affected window switch for about 3 seconds. The window indexing feature whent back to working correctly.

Get notified of new replies

To anyone elses passenger window not auto sealing when door shuts?

Quick Reply: anyone elses passenger window not auto sealing when door shuts?