C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the C6 dash made of?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 10:53 PM
Psalm91
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the C6 dash made of?

I was cleaning the interior of my C6 today and was trying to figure out what the dash is made of so I can know what to use to clean it. The console and most of the door panels have the same material on them. It feels like some kind of leather or soft rubber. I just went ahead and used my Zaino leather cleaner on the dash, console and door panels.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:58 PM
drtli
CRAZFST
Support Corvetteforum!

Urethane
Old 02-23-2005, 11:01 PM
Alex Levy
Drifting

Originally Posted by Psalm91
I was cleaning the interior of my C6 today and was trying to figure out what the dash is made of so I can know what to use to clean it. The console and most of the door panels have the same material on them. It feels like some kind of leather or soft rubber. I just went ahead and used my Zaino leather cleaner on the dash, console and door panels.
Should be ok... I do recommend a specific interior cleaner thats hard to come by called "Cockpit Premium" from Einzett.. if you can get your hands on it (about 10 bux a bottle) it is terrific stuff.. No greasy residue like most interior cleaners.

http://www.drivewerks.com/catalog/sh...inszt_pg11.htm
Old 02-23-2005, 11:02 PM
Psalm91
Advanced

Was the Zaino leather cleaner ok to use on it?
Old 02-23-2005, 11:02 PM
ivan111
Drifting

Yeah is a leather imitation is called Cast Skin.......
Old 02-23-2005, 11:06 PM
Alex Levy
Drifting

Was the Zaino leather cleaner ok to use on it?
Yeah you should be ok.. Urethane is pretty strong stuff.. just dont continue to use it over and over.. Get something with some UV protectant in it.. keep your dash from cracking or fading in the years to come.

Stay away from Armorall or any of those other store bough products.

Except maybe Lexol.. Lexol Vinylex Protectant comes in a blue bottle.. good stuff.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:26 PM
Psalm91
Advanced

Thanks
Old 02-23-2005, 11:52 PM
Firedog
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you guys use the same thing on the lower door panels? With 2 cars in my 2 car garage, I can't open the door of the Corvette all the way to enter and exit, and have scuff marks on the lower part of the door. A wet rag doesn't do it, so I'm open to suggestion...Thanks in advance...
Old 02-24-2005, 12:06 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Firedog
Do you guys use the same thing on the lower door panels? With 2 cars in my 2 car garage, I can't open the door of the Corvette all the way to enter and exit, and have scuff marks on the lower part of the door. A wet rag doesn't do it, so I'm open to suggestion...Thanks in advance...
Someone in another thread suggested Mr. Clean's Eraser, found in the cleaning section of your local grocery store. I got some today and it removes those scuff marks with just a little light rubbing. Comes in a box.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:39 AM
FASST LN
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I used the Eraser on those scuff marks when I first got my car back in Sept. and it worked when nothing else would. I swear by that Mr. Clean Eraser now. It is essentially a sponge that is pre-treated with OxiClean in it (I think).
Good stuff.

I even used it on my seats and followed behind each stroke with a damp cloth. It REALLY made a difference on the seats! (My C5 is a '00) I was sure to treat the leather, several times, to some Lexol and I've not had any problems. This is not something to do often, but once every few years I don't think will hurt.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:30 AM
TRAIL BOSS
Drifting

Originally Posted by SilverCoupe
Someone in another thread suggested Mr. Clean's Eraser, found in the cleaning section of your local grocery store. I got some today and it removes those scuff marks with just a little light rubbing. Comes in a box.
Thanks for the insight!
Old 02-24-2005, 09:33 AM
Boozman
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Thanks for the info
Old 02-24-2005, 12:05 PM
redvetteC6
Drifting

Location: Huntington Beach Ca 1 out of 4 Americans are mentally unstable, so if 3 of your friends are OK . . . .
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by Firedog

The Lexol in the blue bottle (protectant not cleaner) took the scuff marks right off with very little effort.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:49 PM
KLO
Safety Car

Zaino Leather Products DO have UV protection formulas built in, the Z-9 is the cleaner and the Z-10 is the conditioner, both are fine to use on the new material on the inside of the C6 (I have a C6 and as you can see in my signature, I have plenty of Zaino, LOL)

Get notified of new replies

To What is the C6 dash made of?

Quick Reply: What is the C6 dash made of?