C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rosenthal Chevrolet Body Shop

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 12:00 AM
05C6400
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Rosenthal Chevrolet Body Shop

If you are in the northern VA area do not take your car to Rosenthal's Body shop. My correspondence with GM.

Date 06MAR05
: To Whom It May Concern:

I got into an accident on 17NOV04 with my 2005 Corvette. I took my car to Rosenthal Chevrolet to get repaired. While it was getting repaired additional damage was done to my car which required it to get painted.
However, there are issues with the paint job such as orange peel, over spray and the adhesive stains all over the car. I must note that when I came to pick up my car it was late in the evening and it was hard to tell if there were any issues with the paint job.

My experience with Rosenthal Chevrolet has been dismal. I was never once given a call to let me know that my car had been completed. I had to continually call myself or have GM/Chevrolet call to get a status on my car.
When GM/Chevrolet called I was told by the GM/Chevrolet customer service rep. that Rosenthal will call me to give me a status, but Rosenthal Chevrolet never did. I have called the General Manager at Rosenthal and left a voice mail and never got a call back. I have called the body shop managers to schedule an appointment to bring my car back again to show them the additional damaged paint and I yet to have someone call me back. I do not understand why it is so difficult to get decent customer service. Why does the customer have to continually call to get anything done! I am not sure if GM/Chevrolet will be able to assist on this matter, but I am very disappointed after spending $50K to purchase my Corvette and to get such horrible customer service from one of your dealers!

Date 07MAR05
GMs Reply to my message
Good Morning. Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. I appreciate you taking the time to write us in regards your 2005 Chevrolet Corvette.

I sincerely apologize for the paint concerns that you are experiencing with your 2005 Chevrolet Corvette. I understand this can be very frustrating and would like the opportunity to assist you further. Due to the nature of your concern, it is necessary to continue this communication via telephone.

Please reply to this email with a date and time that I may contact you, along with the telephone number where you can be reached during this time.
I am available Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM eastern standard time. Or to reach me by telephone, please call our Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center at 1-866-952-4368 ext.57136.

I have documented your concern with the Customer Assistance Center. Your request number is 1-318054757. Please refer to this number when contacting the Customer Assistance Center.

Again, thank you for contacting Chevrolet.

Date 21MAR05
My Reply to GM after I picked up my car from Rosenthal.
I apologize if I was not able to send this message sooner, but we had an anthrax threat on 14MAR05 in the building that I work at in Falls Church, VA. My mind was pre-occupied with other priorities as I am sure you would understand.

Again, I am sorry to say I am again disappointed in the quality of work performed by Rosenthal Chevrolet, Arlington, VA. I dropped my car off on 10MAR05. Received the first phone call in the afternoon on 11MAR05 that my car would be ready for pick up and shortly after that call I received another telling me that my car would be ready on 14MAR05 and it was not. I finally got a call informing me that all the work had been completed and my car was ready to be picked up on 17MAR05.

I arrive at Rosenthal Chevrolet shortly after 6:00PM on 17MAR05. I assume that the body shop had already been closed for the day. And, no one was available to talk to. My car was covered with a lot of dust and there are scratches all over the car and the surfaces are extremely harsh. I do not want to go back to Rosenthal Chevrolet and have a "Come to Jesus" meeting.
Is it my job to supervise the workers at Rosenthal Chevrolet to ensure that the work performed is done right? People should take pride in their work and that does not seem to be the case at Rosenthal Chevrolet.

If possible I would like to have a local GM representative come out and take a look at my car and see for yourselves the poor quality of work performed.
If you need to contact Rosenthal Chevrolet that is fine but I do not wish for them to contact me again. I can not trust their workmanship or their employees.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

As of 05APR05
GM replied with a phone call and requested that I take my car back into Rosenthal to fix the paint and if I am not satisfied then GM will ask for the local GM rep to come out and inspect the car. I did what GM told me to do and dropped the car off on 30MAR05. I was told it would be done on 01APR05 so I called and no returned my call. I called on 04APR05 and was told it would be done 05APR05. So, I call again on 05APR05 no one returns my phone call. I went to do a physical inspection and brought my camera and took pictures. Nothing had been done to my car. It has been sitting on their lot for a week and this is what it looks like now. See the pictures.

Old 04-06-2005, 08:54 AM
Z064life
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Good luck.

I had this happen on a F-150 of mine. Paint peeled within 1 month of owning. Repaint was ordered through arbitration. about 60 days in the shop and the paint job look like crap (overspray, and one spot looked like they "brushed" the paint on, dirt, ect.) Went back to arbitration and they said it was an "acceptable" after market paint job

Let us know how it goes
Old 04-07-2005, 05:24 PM
05C6400
Burning Brakes

Got a call from Rosenthal body shop and was told my car is ready for pick up. The car still looks the same as the pictures I had posted. Even though I have complained to their customer service department as well as GMs it still has not made a difference their workmanship. I will find out tomorrow or next week what happens.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:52 PM
05C6400
Burning Brakes

Well its been three weeks that my car has been at Rosenthal Chevrolet and some progress has been made. However, I called the GM rep to find out if they are able to get a status of when it will be done since the dealer has yet to give me an honest estimate time for completion. I did mention to the GM rep that if at all possible to get the car as close as they can to a show room finish and her response is "That is too high of a standard to ask for" Excuse me??? I remained calm. Still no ETA.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:11 PM
JJayzX
Racer

Do their body shop employees suck that much? I have friends that will give you that quality from there garage at home. lol
Old 04-21-2005, 04:08 PM
05C6400
Burning Brakes

Well, my answer is Yes! As well as their customer service.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:38 PM
murphman72
Instructor

I know this does not help 05C6400, but I would recommend the body shop at Criswell Chevrolet in Gaithersburg, MD. I know it's a hike (I live 40 miles away) but I had my car in there for damage from a f****** pizza hut delivery guy on a moped. They fixed it perfectly, and it looked showroom new (mind you the car was only a year old). In fact, they repaired several rock chips in my fender and hood. So the car actually looked better than when I took it in for repairs. Chris Pappas is the head of the body shop. He still remembers me by name. Excellent service I received. I was given very frequent status updates as well. Again, I know this doesn't help with Rosenthal, but I figure it may help someone else out who may not know where any other reputable body shops are in the DC area.

Sorry for your troubles. You deserve a 2006 for free!
Old 04-21-2005, 06:03 PM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Received 392 Likes on 196 Posts

You are screwed. Do not waste any more of your time, and I know because I have been through the exact same thing before
(2000 Light Metallic Pewter FRC. I had a door ding, and they ended up painting the entire left SIDE of the vehicle........FOUR times................)

I traded it off for another Corvette (2000 Coupe).

GM has NO say on anything done by a dealer, licensed or not, and they are not on anyones "side". They look out for THEIR best interest (as stated " A factory showroom paint job is TOO high a standard to ask for"........)

Nothing good is going to happen for you, so channel you anger into a positive thing and go get a new car!
GOOD LUCK on your next purchase!!
Old 04-21-2005, 09:16 PM
05C6400
Burning Brakes

Funny thing is I bought my car from Criswell. I stopped by tonite since they told me it was ready to be picked up by the body shop manager and guess what ... it was not done it still has issues. They must be blind!

However, I still love the car too much to get rid of it and I don't think I would be even able to sell it with the way it looks. I am going to ask GM to let me take it to Criswell or an other body shop of my choice.

Last edited by 05C6400; 04-21-2005 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Editorial
Old 04-22-2005, 03:16 PM
05C6400
Burning Brakes

Finally picked up my car today! And, looks a whole lot better. I am content .
Old 04-22-2005, 06:49 PM
VetVetter
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: YOU SEE ... I'M NOT CRAZY ...I'M JUST AHEAD OF THE CURVE
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Thanks for heads up .. I know now where not to go ...

Get notified of new replies

To Rosenthal Chevrolet Body Shop

Quick Reply: Rosenthal Chevrolet Body Shop