C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSOM VS Silver

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 10:14 PM
Fredo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfMoriarty
The C6 looks great no matter the color, but of the two, DSOM wins.

The color is classy and different.

Silver is, by comparison, drab. It's basically light grey metallic with a clearcoat.

Another minus in the silver column is that it's the most common choice of family cars and SUVs. Everywhere you look, all you see is silver, silver, and more silver.

When the old thread posted by Dave @ Kerbeck with Vettes in all the colors lined up came out, one of the first questions was "Where is the silver?" It was there, it just had to be pointed out to the poster. To each his/her own, but if I'm in a Vette, I don't want to disappear into the background!
Websters refers to "drab" as :characterized by dullness and monotony: cheerless.
Some of us with silver obviously don't see the color as drab nor do we appreciate insenitive forum members. If you read the other posts you would see that other members aren't taking this color thread quite as serious as others. You might want to "preview your post," read it once or twice, have somebody read it back to you, only then should you post your reply.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:17 PM
ProfMoriarty
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fredo
Websters refers to "drab" as :characterized by dullness and monotony: cheerless.
Some of us with silver obviously don't see the color as drab nor do we appreciate insenitive forum members. If you read the other posts you would see that other members aren't taking this color thread quite as serious as others. You might want to "preview your post," read it once or twice, have somebody read it back to you, only then should you post your reply.

I think you bruise a bit too easily.

Maybe they'll deal with the "insensitivity to the automotive color choices of adult males epidemic" on the next episode of "Oprah".
Old 04-27-2005, 10:20 PM
Lateapexer
Cruising

Originally Posted by Fredo
Does your mommy know you're playing on her computer? If you can't handle other peoples opinions then maybe it's past your bed time?
Old 04-27-2005, 10:38 PM
rushguy
Instructor

Yea silver is kinda boring, its a soccer mom color.

Old 04-27-2005, 10:42 PM
RevDice
Instructor

Originally Posted by rushguy
Yea silver is kinda boring, its a soccer mom color.

Nice shot...I think we all agree - everyone here would have one in each color if we could. They all look good. The most important thing for me is the rush you get when ya hit the gas and rip into a nice set of twisties.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:50 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Lateapexer
You got to be one of the guys that needs his *** kissed all the time and someone telling you how big your ***** are in order for you to be ok with your decisions. Please be a little more accepting of others opinions that were asked for. THANKS

Oh Yeah, Silver Sucks! JMNSHO!
Wow, 12 posts and 10 of them in a locked thread. Are you trying to get this one locked, too?
Old 04-27-2005, 10:50 PM
rushguy
Instructor

I can't see ripping on any color, I also wish I could have a stable of every Vette. I'm tired of the color vs. color threads, they all look awesome. Whenever I see a different color on the road I am both envious and content at the same time.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:53 PM
vetteship
Safety Car

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by stinky
Partial to silver w/gray interior; DSOM is just not my cup of tea.
I'm with stinky
Old 04-27-2005, 11:11 PM
Lateapexer
Cruising

Originally Posted by SilverCoupe
Wow, 12 posts and 10 of them in a locked thread. Are you trying to get this one locked, too?
If I was trying it would be locked.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:12 PM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Silver!
Old 04-27-2005, 11:14 PM
famous1
Racer

Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic. I first ordered the Machine Silver Metallic. I love Silver, but the DSOM just looks hot. But I would not be disappointed owning any color option on the C6. the C6 is just a fine looking automobile. I just put the first coat of Zaino on her tonight. If rain wasn't in the forecast I would be driving her right now.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:15 PM
LEXUS430
Racer

Default silver or orange

"I"m partial to the daytona sunset orange color......it shows the highlights of the ca and it looks good"add z51 and a six speed-that's the car" david hill in the corvette quarterly c6 special edition
Old 04-27-2005, 11:20 PM
alamo1974
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 73 Posts

Default Silver over orange

I traded in my 2000 Pewter w/ gray interior for a C6 Silver with Gray Interior. I almost purchased the orange with cashmere but thought I would get tired of it after a year or two. Silver with Gray is as striking as you can get.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:29 PM
ASZ2222
Melting Slicks

Silver
Old 04-27-2005, 11:32 PM
Another Yellow
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

Originally Posted by Lateapexer
If I was trying it would be locked.
Maybe you're trying to get banned.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:42 PM
c6vetteowner
Burning Brakes

I vote for ....
Old 04-27-2005, 11:46 PM
Fredo
Racer

Originally Posted by c6vetteowner
I vote for ....

Get notified of new replies

To DSOM VS Silver

Old 04-27-2005, 11:46 PM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by RevDice
JD Power Associates, in independent testing, rates the DSOM higher. It appears to be a better handling color, makes the Borla Stingers sound better (sound reflection off the color) and has better handling characteristics, especially with the Z51 package.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:55 PM
jacraw
Advanced

Originally Posted by V Vette
On the flip side, Silver is time proven and was selected by Mr Vette designer himself as his favorite.. DSOM can be out of style in a heart beat- hold on...
Old 04-27-2005, 11:56 PM
VANISH
Racer

As you can see I went with black because I love a car that you can give a great shine too. I used to be a professional detailer and I enjoy detailing my car almost as much as I drive it. Silver would be the easiest to keep clean if your looking for low maintenance. I think the silver GM went with is ok, not like wow, but again im not a fan of DSOM. I think it's a great color when I see it, just like MY is, but I couldn't see myself driving those colors. I think GM could have chosen a better silver. I like the silver that Dodge Viper provides. I think its called bright silver, which I think looks awesome. It would have made my decision between black and silver a bit more difficult. Both colors look great, but you just have to find out what fits you.

Here is a pic of DSOM that was in the showroom at the time I picked up my vette.

Quick Reply: DSOM VS Silver