C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frustration!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 11:45 PM
05C6400
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Frustration!!!!!

Battery dead AGAIN!!!!!!!. I am just venting and having this forum helps.

However, this is like the fourth or fifth AC Delco battery to go dead (replaced 21FEB05) - should I take it back to the dealer and get it replaced by another gonna die soon AC Delco battery or just by another manufactures battery?

This is getting old!
Old 04-28-2005, 11:51 PM
Another Yellow
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

That many batteries can't be bad. Something is open and causing the drain. You need another dealer, not another battery.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:53 PM
crabman
Safety Car

Received 79 Likes on 33 Posts

Yep, you got a drain. Find a dealer that will take the time to fiigure it out. Oh, and keep your chin up...probably an easy fix and you can put it behind you.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:56 PM
05C6400
Burning Brakes

I apologize I should have added that I have had it at two different dealers and both claim that there is no issue. I will try another once I get a functioning batter.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:12 AM
Zig
Safety Car

Location: stafford country, va. Avatar: Me on turn 3 @ Bristol (The World's Fastest Half-Mile)
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 05C6400
I apologize I should have added that I have had it at two different dealers and both claim that there is no issue. I will try another once I get a functioning batter.
i recommend Rick over at Mike Pallone in Springfield. They took care of mine when it died. Checked for parisitic drains, etc. unfortunatley since they couldn't find any fault i had to pay to have the battery charged but the reason i recommend them is that their service dept. is top notch (be patient with fred though - sometimes grumpy service writer - has fun though once you get to know him - just a tad serious at times), they are dress-right-dress, by the book, and have done excellent work on my car. not mod. friendly though.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:01 AM
Violet
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we had the same problem.. dealer said the same thing... no drain. jerked the crappy stock AC Delco.. in went an Optima Red Top... problem resolved. (same "process" that we went through with the C5 as well by the way lol)

anyway... just an FYI.

PS - TedG will be along in a little while to tell you that Optima's suck. Hey Ted!
Old 04-29-2005, 04:23 PM
05C6400
Burning Brakes

I was told by Criswell to call roadside assistance to get a jump start or get the car towed. Roadside assistance came out and after several tries finally got the car jump started. However, I was told by Criswell that it will take 21 days for the battery to drain if the car is not being driven. It had only been a week for me. It will still be another trip to the dealer.

Get notified of new replies

To Frustration!!!!!

Quick Reply: Frustration!!!!!