C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Customer service - West Coast Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 09:18 PM
INFERNO Z07
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Customer service - West Coast Corvettes

I have read nothing but good about WCC and have had good luck in the past as a customer but not this time. They were running a father's day special, 10% off plus free shipping on orders over $100. I received an email from them as a prior customer advertising this and giving a promo code to use.

I entered my order on Sunday, the last day of the offer. The promo code caused the order to give a message that it was invalid so I didn't place the order. Instead I immediately sent an email several of their email aliases telling what happened and asking them to email or call me to confirm that I could still place the order on the next business day with the discounts. After two days, no reply. Sent more emails to them explaining the issue with the promo code. No reply.

Finally last week after realizing I really wanted my parts/goodies, I called them. The person took my story on Friday afternoon but said I would have to send her the emails (on my home PC) before she would place the order. I asked her to escalate and she did. Her manager confirmed that the promo code wasn't working (thus confirming my story) but they still would not accept my order until I got home and sent them the emails that I had sent (essentially making me feel like a liar).

Somewhat disgusted I summarized the story and sent it to the two people I had dealt with and re-copied the alias' that I had sent the originals to. Suddently the 'manager' called me and offered to now accept the order - seems the info@wcc... email address goes to the owner and he asked her to handle me. Since she was the one that had denied my request I politely told her that her offer was appreciated but that I would prefer the owner or someone over her position contact me to explain why my emails hadn't been answered over a two week period and why she had denied my request originally though she verified my story!

Maybe I'm too fundamental but here I am trying my best to do business with this company and .... well it's frustrating. So, that was it. No contact from the owner/manager. To me, how sad and what a poor way to lose a customer. Am I asking too much? It's 10 lousy percent - that's what got my attention and in turn they lost a customer. I can buy the junk at a dozen other places, closer to NC but I chose them. With all of their good press, I don't see how this happened. Oh well, Now I'll go shopping again.

Anyone else have a less than positive experience with WCC?

Thanks, had to tell someone....
Old 07-05-2005, 10:11 PM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

I tried to order a set of Corsa exhaust from them. I was told they would be in a couple of days and they would call me. After a week with out a call I ordered them from Xtreme and had them to the door in about three days $75.00 cheaper. Never did hear back from them. Contact was a gal in Anaheim.. I ain't going back for anything. Not when they don't do what they say they will do. I guess they have enough business they don't have too.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:49 PM
kodakdodo
5th Gear

My only Experiance with WCC: Ordered the crome wheel exchange for fathers day special $649.00 plus 1600.00 core charge . The cost was 795.00 included with the wheels is a message stating you have ten days to return cores or don't return them as they won't be accepted!! I returned them well within there alloted timeframe . The core charge still hase not been credited to my account, tomorrow will be 14 days since they received them back. Called and was told it still my be ten working days for credit ( wheels are being inspected) Buyer beware!!!!
Old 07-06-2005, 02:07 AM
RX4WRK
Burning Brakes

All they (and any Customer Service Business) need to do is:

Make it easy for the Customers to give them their money!

It is that simple.

Yet, many do not get it.

Til it's too late.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:26 AM
SteveFL
Advanced

ck. this one out...I ordered a few small items..was called and the guy told me it would be two weeks. In a week i received one of my items. four weeks later I e-mailed and no response. I called the lady said that they were having problems with the letters I ordered and should be in in a week I told her i was promised them weeks ago...her quote..".WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ABOUT IT"...two weeks go by and I call again and ask where is my order.. "no letters" but would you like me to ship the rest or your order..(I must say the she was professional and sympathetic) different person. However the rest of the staff and the lack of follow-up and responses are a joke..I will NEVER,NEVER,NEVER do business with them again... buyer beware
Old 07-06-2005, 06:18 AM
V Vette
Le Mans Master

Received 419 Likes on 290 Posts

OK..Me too.. Got a licens plate frame from them..It arrived and was broke. Called custome service, they yesed me to death- nothing happened. 3 weeks later now, No refund, replacment or call back...
Old 07-06-2005, 07:51 AM
obie1
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Dont do busines with them anymore. Maybe they will get the hint. When the owner/manager gets rid of the deadbeats and has to rebuild the business maybe then he will appreciate the customer.

"They" seem to forget that the majority of us corvette owners are not deadbeats and have dealt with and/or currently deal with the public i.e. SERVICE.!!!!!!!!!

So my advice is do no business with them until the owner/manager is answering the phone. Hopefully "they" read this posts and get the hint.....
Old 07-06-2005, 10:28 AM
erosinski3882
Instructor

Well I quess that I will order my chrome wheels somewhere else. I do not need there B.S.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:47 PM
V Vette
Le Mans Master

I received a PM from Paul from W.C., asking who, what why....? Maybe he will do some good? V
Old 07-06-2005, 12:56 PM
2MW
Instructor

Originally Posted by obie1
Dont do busines with them anymore. Maybe they will get the hint. When the owner/manager gets rid of the deadbeats and has to rebuild the business maybe then he will appreciate the customer.

"They" seem to forget that the majority of us corvette owners are not deadbeats and have dealt with and/or currently deal with the public i.e. SERVICE.!!!!!!!!!

So my advice is do no business with them until the owner/manager is answering the phone. Hopefully "they" read this posts and get the hint.....
Old 07-06-2005, 01:16 PM
WestCoastCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by V Vette
I received a PM from Paul from W.C., asking who, what why....? Maybe he will do some good? V
V Vette
A new plate is being sent out today and a call tag for the old one will be included,
Sorry for the problem
Paul

Your #1 Resource For Corvette Parts and Corvette Accessories

1748 W Business Center Dr.
Orange, CA 92867
Phone:714.630.6396 / 888.737.8388

Shop By Model:
C8 Corvette Parts & Accessories
C7 Corvette Parts & Accessories
C6 Corvette Parts & Accessories
C5 Corvette Parts & Accessories

Old 07-06-2005, 01:38 PM
WestCoastCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I sincerely appologize to all that have had bad customer service experiences with WCC. We do not take these issues lightly as we strive to bring the best quality products and services possible to our customers, before, during, and after the sale. I am personally looking into these matters with my customer service people as this not acceptable at WCC. We have received great press in the past about our excellent customer service and we intend to keep it a high priority. On one hand I am very disturbed to see this post but on the other I am pleased to have your input so that we can address these issues.

Paul Morris of WCC currently monitors this Forum to make sure we are all doing our job here at WCC so he is usually pretty quick to getting these issues resolved. Together with Paul I will take care of those who have had problems and get them resolved as soon as possible and hopefully earn your business back.

Again I would like to appologize to all involved and to assure that we will always work towards improvement so we can continue to bring you the quality of service you expect and deserve. We all occaisionally stumble, but it is how we get back up and address our mistakes that matters.

Craig Chapman/President
Old 07-06-2005, 06:54 PM
SteveFL
Advanced

I also received an e-mail from Paul. To his credit I admire a person who cares enough about his costumers to get personally involved as quickly as he did. As I wrote to paul I also run a business and know how difficult it is to create a vision for others to follow. good catch Paul.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:01 PM
V Vette
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by WCC PAUL
V Vette
A new plate is being sent out today and a call tag for the old one will be included,
Sorry for the problem
Paul
Paul, thanks for your help and thanks to the gent who started this post.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:10 PM
3car5
Racer

Originally Posted by V Vette
Paul, thanks for your help and thanks to the gent who started this post.

Thanks for taking care of this Paul. Just for a little balance, I have always received excellent service from Paul at WCC. Hopefully this problem will be a non issue going forward for their business.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:18 PM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Received 132 Likes on 68 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18-'19'-20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

glad to read it all got worked out

Get notified of new replies

To Customer service - West Coast Corvettes

Quick Reply: Customer service - West Coast Corvettes