C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found this parking lift--WANT!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 02:54 PM
Drive_Sell_Win
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Found this parking lift--WANT!

Discovered Autostacker a week ago or so and coming back to the idea. Need community opinions. I don't think I can fit a 4 post and I don't want to drive up on separate platforms every single time I park.

Probably a year or two out from the investment because I'm still narrowing down used C6 or C7's. But man this would be perfect for my one car garage if it holds the weight and collapses and doesn't give me ANY grief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jamw...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Drive_Sell_Win; 08-03-2017 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:09 PM
RC4G
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 142 Posts

https://www.autostacker.com/solutions/home-car-lift/
Old 08-03-2017, 03:20 PM
SixAddict
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,119 Likes on 764 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Have you checked out quick jack systems? Might not get the height you want but for what I use it for at the price its perfect.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:30 PM
CBRDude
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is on my wish list! To dad from the Elves! I can see it now under the tree this Christmas!
Old 08-03-2017, 03:42 PM
Drive_Sell_Win
Advanced

Originally Posted by SixAddict

Have you checked out quick jack systems? Might not get the height you want but for what I use it for at the price its perfect.
Yeah I have definitely seen Quickjack and I have to decide what I want, a thing to park or a thing to work under my car. Different purposes but man that's pretty. Autostacker or a full lift is just so I don't have to sit a car in my driveway. I think it's worth some investment to not have to do that. Especially where I live cars get messy quick.
The following users liked this post:
SixAddict (08-03-2017)
Old 08-03-2017, 03:55 PM
pokerpro
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 219 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

It looks like with the autostacker you don't have the option to remove your wheels. That's a deal breaker for me.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:58 PM
Sledge Hammer
Burning Brakes

Received 366 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Drive_Sell_Win
Discovered Autostacker a week ago or so and coming back to the idea. Need community opinions. I don't think I can fit a 4 post and I don't want to drive up on separate platforms every single time I park.

Probably a year or two out from the investment because I'm still narrowing down used C6 or C7's. But man this would be perfect for my one car garage if it holds the weight and collapses and doesn't give me ANY grief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jamw...ature=youtu.be
I question if that will work in your one stall garage. Note in your u tube clip how far out the lift extends to pick up the second car. You would never get under the doorway. If you want to stack in a one car garage, I think a 2 or 4 post lift is the only option and you will have to move the bottom car to use the top car. If you are in a parking garage like the one shown then this could be an option for you. However it doesn't really allow you to work on the car.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:06 PM
Drive_Sell_Win
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer
I question if that will work in your one stall garage. Note in your u tube clip how far out the lift extends to pick up the second car. You would never get under the doorway. If you want to stack in a one car garage, I think a 2 or 4 post lift is the only option and you will have to move the bottom car to use the top car. If you are in a parking garage like the one shown then this could be an option for you. However it doesn't really allow you to work on the car.
I think it would fit, but it might be tight. But good point. Obviously, can't work with it, and someone posted his quickjack if that's the direction I wanted to go. But yeah. Downside is it's just for parking but upside is it does parking well. (As long as it works like it says.)
Old 08-03-2017, 04:13 PM
Sledge Hammer
Burning Brakes

Received 366 Likes on 213 Posts

I think it would fit, but it might be tight. But good point. Obviously, can't work with it, and someone posted his quickjack if that's the direction I wanted to go. But yeah. Downside is it's just for parking but upside is it does parking well. (As long as it works like it says.)
To fit, I think both cars would have to be all the way in the garage first. Other wise, the lift has to raise the second car above the first before it brings it over the top of the second car. A standard garage door is only 7 feet tall. If you have an exceptionally high door you might be able to make it work. Measure before you order. Good luck.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:28 PM
Drive_Sell_Win
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer
To fit, I think both cars would have to be all the way in the garage first. Other wise, the lift has to raise the second car above the first before it brings it over the top of the second car. A standard garage door is only 7 feet tall. If you have an exceptionally high door you might be able to make it work. Measure before you order. Good luck.
Thanks. Definitely would measure ANYTHING first.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:36 PM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 125 Posts

The Corvette would definitely have to remain on the ground level! And forget it if one of your vehicles is an SUV!

Thanks for sharing, it really is pretty cool!
The following users liked this post:
SCcues (08-04-2017)
Old 08-03-2017, 09:52 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by SixAddict

I'm torn between your lift and this one, I like the little higher one so I can roll around on my chair doing what ever it is
NSF
Old 08-03-2017, 10:04 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Yeah I have definitely seen Quickjack and I have to decide what I want, a thing to park or a thing to work under my car. Different purposes but man that's pretty. Autostacker or a full lift is just so I don't have to sit a car in my driveway. I think it's worth some investment to not have to do that. Especially where I live cars get messy quick.
If you have a 2 car garage, why not both?
Old 08-04-2017, 10:57 AM
SixAddict
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,119 Likes on 764 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Not So Fast
I'm torn between your lift and this one, I like the little higher one so I can roll around on my chair doing what ever it is
NSF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVujCxV40bE

That is very cool, for the money the quick-jack serves my needs for now. That could change though..
Old 08-04-2017, 11:02 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I've actually considered the quick jack for quick stuff, and using my max-jax for more serious work.

Get notified of new replies

To Found this parking lift--WANT!

Quick Reply: Found this parking lift--WANT!