C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Single Post Hydraulic Lift Manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 09:04 PM
SCModerator
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for Single Post Hydraulic Lift Manufacturer

I want to put a lift in my garage and the lifts that everyone else buys - the 4 post lifts and the two post side by side lifts seem too big for the space I have.

I'd like to put in one of those old style single post hydraulic lifts that comes up out of the floor with the single shaft. You know, the old style kind that you'd see in a Goodyear or Firestone. Do any of you know who makes one? Cutting the floor and digging a hole to put this lift in is no big deal, I'm perfectly willing to do that. I was all over the internet last night and couldn't find a vendor.

Yes, this is a C6 thread, that's what I want to lift!

Gregg.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:16 PM
John Corbitt
Advanced

Default Scisor lift

I got a Scisor lift that bolts to the floor. It is Hydrolic and is only about four inches tall. You drive on it and it lifts by the frame up to six feet. I have put a C5 and C6 on it. It is rated for 7000lb. I got it on line for $3000 delivered. I forgot the name of the website, but when I get to the office tomorrow, I will post it.

John
Old 12-08-2005, 09:28 PM
STRSHP
Instructor

Not a problem. I would check out www.RotartyLift.com. Rotary is a subsidiary of Dover Elevator company. I know my kids high School use Rotary and they are a great commercial product. I would be your are probably looking at about 12 to 13 grand by the time your are done cutting the floor, excavation and replacing the floor. The lift alone is about $10 G's.

You might also want to check out another site - www.superlifts.com. Thye make a single post offset lift that still allows you to park under it. I will be doing one of these come spring.

I agree the single or double post lifts are cool and there is nothing 'old fashion' about them. In fact the old ones are probably too high to get a Vette over. The new Rotary's are about 4 1/2" which should work.

Good luck.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:48 AM
56chevy
Racer

Default lift

if you have an average garage with a low ceiling - check out the kwiklift

www.kwiklift.com

had one for years, love it.

avoid the "inground" lift.
too many EPA issues....leaking fluid, and so forth...
Old 12-09-2005, 11:59 AM
John Corbitt
Advanced

Default Scisor lift

I found the website. The model is a SP-7X

http://www.e-autolifts.com/scissor/scissor.html

John
Old 12-09-2005, 12:06 PM
TN 2005 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VI, VII & XII Veteran
St Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

I'm not sure they make a single post lift but you might check out this company. I got a 4 post from Brad and he is awesome and has even followed up every 6 months to ensure everything is still OK.
Brad Davies
American Custom Lifts
24840 Lake Wohlford Court
Escondido, CA 92027
888.711.5438 free
760.745.5438 local
760.745.6200 fax
brad@aclifts.com
Old 12-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Jay13
Race Director

Location: . [Rotorhead] "You seem to be a douche. What I'm getting at is just STFU" [/Rotorhead]
St. Jude Donor '06 & '09 & '11

Those are not only expensive, but they are an environmental disaster waiting to happen. Hydraulic fluid inevitably leaks and is a hazardous material as defined by federal and most state environmental laws. If it leaks, get ready to spend a lot of money cleaning up the soil to the condition it was in when Columbus hit Plymouth Rock. There's a reason so few of them (or the old smelly hydraulic elevators) are ever installed anymore.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:50 PM
BlackMark
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a single post lift from American Custom Lifts in Escondido and am delighted with it.It is not a central post,but a cantilever with the lift mechanism mounted toward the outside wall completely out of the way.It has a 4500# lift capacity,though much larger capacities are available.The lift tracks are only about 12' long,but come in 24" width to minimize risk of scraping the rims(important for the Z-06 guys and gals among us!)The powdercoat finish is very nice,and the tracks are anti-sag.If you have a large garage,you can mount two lifts back-to-back for a four car set-up that you can walk around with no posts whatsoever in your way.Brad Davies is a good guy,very honest and like a mother hen until you are completely satified.He called me 6 months after install,just to make sure that all was well,and to see if there was any thing I needed.The C6 fits on it like it was a factory accessory.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:53 PM
SCModerator
Racer

Thanks, guys...
Old 12-12-2005, 11:36 AM
Irv
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jay13
Those are not only expensive, but they are an environmental disaster waiting to happen. Hydraulic fluid inevitably leaks and is a hazardous material as defined by federal and most state environmental laws. If it leaks, get ready to spend a lot of money cleaning up the soil to the condition it was in when Columbus hit Plymouth Rock. There's a reason so few of them (or the old smelly hydraulic elevators) are ever installed anymore.
Columbus hit Plymouth rock? And all this time I thought it was Pilgrims...
Old 06-26-2012, 02:24 AM
hydrofab
1st Gear

Default any one know Hydraulic Lifts company

hi guys

can any one tel some good company for Hydraulic Lifts

i know one company they are manufacture of Hydraulic Lifts

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for Single Post Hydraulic Lift Manufacturer

Quick Reply: Looking for Single Post Hydraulic Lift Manufacturer