C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions About Verts

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 04:33 PM
1wicked
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Questions About Verts

To those of you that have C6 convertables, i've never seen one in person and I live in a small town area, don't think there are any around here. I'm trying to decide between a coupe and a vert. My C5 holds a good amount of stuff in the back when I need to run and get a few groceries or pick up drycleaning.....how's the trunk space in the vert? Will it hold really anything at all? any luggage? If any of you have pics posted with top up/top down, i'd like to see them. I've also never seen the new Mont red color so if any of you have that with the tan top, please send me a photo....thank you...April
Old 01-27-2006, 04:35 PM
2006MetalicSilver
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try this thread.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...14&forum_id=74
Old 01-27-2006, 04:39 PM
2bubbas
Drifting

Very useable truck space. Twice as big with the top up. At least as big as most mid sized cars.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:50 PM
cmb13
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Power top cars have less truck space, but I've never had a problem. Just don't expect to take large items. Grocery store runs are no problem at all, nor are Blockbuster Video runs!
Old 01-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Z06 L GO
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cmb13
Power top cars have less truck space, but I've never had a problem. Just don't expect to take large items. Grocery store runs are no problem at all, nor are Blockbuster Video runs!
Old 01-27-2006, 05:00 PM
myblackvette
Advanced

This is my frist convertable and vette and I love it. To me i use my car as a daily drive and have plenty of room in the trunk. Of course nothing huge but if fine for me.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:12 PM
chicks
Advanced

The only problem with running erands in a vert is that a 15 minute trip usually takes an hour or more.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:13 PM
1wicked
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 2006MetalicSilver

Wow, those are awesome pictures! The cars, neighborhood, and your house are BEAUTIFUL!....very impressive! no pics of the top up tho...will look for those elsewhere...I still don't understand how the whole thing stowes....thanks for sharing your pics...April
Old 01-27-2006, 05:16 PM
1wicked
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by myblackvette
This is my frist convertable and vette and I love it. To me i use my car as a daily drive and have plenty of room in the trunk. Of course nothing huge but if fine for me.

THANK YOU! NOW THIS IS AN AWESOME PIC WITH THE TOP UP! SMOKIN!! APRIL....
All of my vettes (5) but one have been black...i love the black cars so much but thought maybe i'd try to get away from black since it's hard to keep clean....was thinking about mont red....I just keep thinking that I will miss the black though...
Old 01-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Corvette Junkie
Night Race Blue 427
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Muncie, Indiana ...... Can I buy an amplifier on time ... I ani't got no money now but I'll pay you before I die
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the manual top vert and use it to run errands all the time. The wife and can pack enough luggage for a two week trip and still put the top down.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:22 PM
1wicked
Burning Brakes

Yours is beautiful! This is the Monterey Red no doubt....very pretty back ground as well.....thank you

Would you say you could fit a decent sized suitcase in the back? Do you know how many feetxfeet the trunk is?...Boy i sure need to try to find one around here to look at..
Old 01-27-2006, 05:30 PM
Guppies
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'14, '21

I disagree - the difference would be barely noticeable unless you do not drop the divider when the top is up. We can get as much in our C-6 as we do our C-5 with the top up when we travel, including large folding suitcase, two small overnighters, large camera bag, large computer bag (often carrying 2 computers and office work), wife's make up kit (almost as big as the camera bag), various light jackets, hats, mags and other "stuff." - Generally when we check out of a hotel, the bellman stares at the luggage (which has probably increased by several shopping bags, courtesy of my wife's visit to local women's shops ), stares at the trunk, repeats the movement about 3 or 4 times until I say "No problem, watch this." and proceed to load the trunk.

We have spent a week or more on several trips and never had a need for space (merely the time to load it in right) and that's without using the little hidden compartments.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:41 PM
1wicked
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Guppies
I disagree - the difference would be barely noticeable unless you do not drop the divider when the top is up. We can get as much in our C-6 as we do our C-5 with the top up when we travel, including large folding suitcase, two small overnighters, large camera bag, large computer bag (often carrying 2 computers and office work), wife's make up kit (almost as big as the camera bag), various light jackets, hats, mags and other "stuff." - Generally when we check out of a hotel, the bellman stares at the luggage (which has probably increased by several shopping bags, courtesy of my wife's visit to local women's shops ), stares at the trunk, repeats the movement about 3 or 4 times until I say "No problem, watch this." and proceed to load the trunk.

We have spent a week or more on several trips and never had a need for space (merely the time to load it in right) and that's without using the little hidden compartments.
This was very helpful, I too have lots of stuff to carry, make up bag, hair stuff, tons of shoes, clothes and a bird ....if you're able to get all of that in your C6 vert, then i'm sure I'll be able to get everything I need into one if traveling. ....BIG HELP, THANKS
Old 01-27-2006, 05:43 PM
nikovette
Burning Brakes

I am constantly amazed how much stuff I can get into my trunk (not a power top).
Old 01-27-2006, 05:48 PM
myblackvette
Advanced

Originally Posted by 1wicked
THANK YOU! NOW THIS IS AN AWESOME PIC WITH THE TOP UP! SMOKIN!! APRIL....
All of my vettes (5) but one have been black...i love the black cars so much but thought maybe i'd try to get away from black since it's hard to keep clean....was thinking about mont red....I just keep thinking that I will miss the black though...

Thanks
For me its hard to keep the back end clean, but the rest of the car is easy thanks to is Zaino and all I need is a california duster at the end of the day.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:51 PM
cmb13
Le Mans Master

Yours is beautiful! This is the Monterey Red no doubt....very pretty back ground as well.....thank you

Would you say you could fit a decent sized suitcase in the back? Do you know how many feetxfeet the trunk is?...Boy i sure need to try to find one around here to look at..
Mag Red, Baby!!!
Anytime you want to get a better look, let me know!!!

Old 01-27-2006, 06:09 PM
1wicked
Burning Brakes

Mag Red, Baby!!!
Anytime you want to get a better look, let me know!!!

AH IF ONLY YOU WERE CLOSER

Get notified of new replies

To Questions About Verts

Old 01-27-2006, 07:35 PM
THE LEGEND LIVES
Burning Brakes

This is my 4th 'vette, but my first 'vert and I love it...should've done this a long time ago!
Old 01-27-2006, 07:39 PM
agrumpyguy
Racer

Old 01-27-2006, 08:00 PM
cmb13
Le Mans Master

AH IF ONLY YOU WERE CLOSER
Meetcha halfway?

Quick Reply: Questions About Verts