C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird Question Right Front Wheel ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Builderrick
Race Director

Received 121 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Weird Question Right Front Wheel ??

I had my C-6 ( 2005 Z-51) out for a drive yesterday and it seemed as I was driving that the front right corner of the car was low. I checked tire pressure as driving and that was fine. Well , I just figured it was the pitch of the road. Then when home and parked on level floor of garage and viewing from outside of car the front right ( passenger ) looks low. When I put my hand on top of the other three tires I can fit 2 flat hands between tire and body panel. When I put my hand on right front tire I can only fit one hand and that was somewhat tight. So I jacked it up to take a look and I don't see anything out of the ordinary. When I let it back down I can now fit both hands same as all other wheels. Ideas ? I know- maybe a stupid question -but can a shock reset itself ? I will probably take to dealer, I just thought I would ask the all knowing forum first.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:57 PM
MitchAlsup
Le Mans Master

Received 1,592 Likes on 784 Posts

After letting the car back to the ground, there is tension between the tires. Rolling the car 10 feet (or so) will aleviate this tension and the car will take a "set' to the road.

Assuming that nothing is out of the ordinary (including the car operating at its normal factory ride height) all 4 wheels whould carry the same distance between the tires and the wheel wells. One on your cars does not. This can imply a number of things, bad spring, poor alignment, bad tire, suspension geometry problem, broken part, bent frame, ...

The way to find out is to get the car cornerweighted.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:02 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Maybe just simple bolt adjustment will do the trick. Check the FAQ under lowering and modify the directons for your problem. Should be a very simple adjustment.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:36 PM
calemasters
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The shocks do not control trim height.

Get notified of new replies

To Weird Question Right Front Wheel ??

Quick Reply: Weird Question Right Front Wheel ??