C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-19-2015, 02:50 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior How-Tos
Print Wikipost

C6 Front License Plate Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 08:37 PM
SeeSikst
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ucla81
Just put the damn license plate on your car. All this crap about trying to evade the law is ridiculous. Get over it, put on the plate, and move on with your life. Funny how a license plate bothers people, but they will load up their car with dark tinted windows, ridiculous exhaust pipes, and all these other gawdy "mods", but they evade the law and find excuses not to put on the damn license plate.

Why would some people think they are above the law, and should be granted some special exemption from the license plate LAW, solely because the got a corvette? Then they bitch when they get pulled over or ticketed for it. GET A LIFE.
I can't resist. So, here goes. I think I will blow it off until I get a judge to tell me I am screwed up. Don't need your two cents. You sir are an idiot! As far as I am concerned, it did not come with with a license plate mounted. I think I can let the experts tell me what to do. Don't need your unsolicited opinion. You must be a blind conformist. No gray areas in your life I bet. 3 squares a day I bet. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

By the way, those front license plate mounts do look tempting! But you screwed that motivation up!
Old 12-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Captainkelp
Intermediate

Default Great Product!

Just put mine on today. It was very easy to install and it also looks great. Here in Kalifornia it is the law to have the front plate and since I occasionally have a cocktail or two after work (still under the legal limit of .08%) I decided to put it on as to not give an officer a reason to stop me. Highly recommended product!
Old 12-23-2006, 04:23 PM
1 cool vet
Advanced

Default Front liscense plate

Put mine on a few months ago after getting my wonderful ticket. Actually have gotten compliments on it. It looks good. Naturally I like the look without better, but don't want to deal with the law. 1 cool vet
Old 01-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Brianapal
Instructor

Originally Posted by SeeSikst
I can't resist. So, here goes. I think I will blow it off until I get a judge to tell me I am screwed up. Don't need your two cents. You sir are an idiot! As far as I am concerned, it did not come with with a license plate mounted. I think I can let the experts tell me what to do. Don't need your unsolicited opinion. You must be a blind conformist. No gray areas in your life I bet. 3 squares a day I bet. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

By the way, those front license plate mounts do look tempting! But you screwed that motivation up!
So, as I read your post, you are going to wait until a judge tells you that your state law requiring two license plates (one in the front and one in the back) also applies to YOU.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:48 AM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How do you solve the problem of a billet grille without cutting the grille on a C6?
Old 01-04-2007, 06:25 AM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

I have what they call a "Billet" grill that can be ordered from ZIP Products and others. It is horzonial aluminum bars that cross from one side of the air intake to the other side above the splitter, each bar is about 1/4 inch wide and thick and two plus feet long. There are about five or six bars and and they attach over and onto the front of the Vette grill with plastic ties. Similiar to a mesh grill but has all the horzonial individual bars. If you are still not quite sure of what I'm talking about, goto ZIP Products web site. Thank you.

Last edited by 2006c6keller; 01-04-2007 at 06:29 AM.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:27 AM
LJD51
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Eastern NC; Retired x 2 (US Army: 70-90 AD) (US Army: 91-16 DAC); yea, I'm old.
Received 76 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ucla81
Just put the damn license plate on your car. All this crap about trying to evade the law is ridiculous. Get over it, put on the plate, and move on with your life. Funny how a license plate bothers people, but they will load up their car with dark tinted windows, ridiculous exhaust pipes, and all these other gawdy "mods", but they evade the law and find excuses not to put on the damn license plate.

Why would some people think they are above the law, and should be granted some special exemption from the license plate LAW, solely because the got a corvette? Then they bitch when they get pulled over or ticketed for it. GET A LIFE.
Originally Posted by SeeSikst
You sir are an idiot!
I vote for pinhead...

Last night I got looked at closely by one of the county LEOs but he didn't bust me...so I guess it's time to mount the front plate "permanently" on my TF removable mount and get the color matched frame...
Old 01-04-2007, 07:16 PM
LJD51
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Eastern NC; Retired x 2 (US Army: 70-90 AD) (US Army: 91-16 DAC); yea, I'm old.

If I order an LMB frame for my TF bracket, is it possible to exchange for a different color (Monty Red) as long as I don't open/install it?

I am looking at an '06 or '07 Monty Red vert but am not sure if my offer will be accepted.

TIA
Old 01-05-2007, 08:19 AM
LJD51
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Top Flight Reproductions
I am told by the Corvette Gods that your offer will be accepted and you will need to buy another Top Flight Bracket for the Monty Red Vert so I would hold off on buying the LMB frame If that does not work out call us at 781-279-1279 and ask for Ray and I'm sure we can work something out.
Great!!! I will be getting everything in order today and make arrangements to pick up my new Vert when I get back from my vacation next week...

Either way, I will be ordering something week after next...

BTW: Can I quote you when the salesman calls?
Old 01-05-2007, 11:22 PM
LJD51
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I am told by the Corvette Gods that your offer will be accepted and you will need to buy another Top Flight Bracket for the Monty Red Vert so I would hold off on buying the LMB frame If that does not work out call us at 781-279-1279 and ask for Ray and I'm sure we can work something out.
Update:

Talked with salesman re the '06 Monty Red Vert; it is a demo driven by the dealership owner with around 5k on the odo. Invoice is $57.7 and he said he could only let it go for $59k...I said no thanks, I can get a new '07 with zero miles cheaper and he said I couldn't...I will check back with him after I return from vacation next week.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:29 PM
MADinAK
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10,'14

Placed my order this evening. I must have read every post in this thread at least three times . I compared yours with the other 4 or 5 out there - I'm convinced.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:18 AM
SeeSikst
Advanced

Originally Posted by Brianapal
So, as I read your post, you are going to wait until a judge tells you that your state law requiring two license plates (one in the front and one in the back) also applies to YOU.
Actually, from what I have been told by law enforcement in this state, if it did not come with a plate holder attached, then i is not required to deface the vehicle in the front to mount it.

That's my story and i am sticking to it. That's what a cop told me. That is what i will tell the judge. Why should i seek out other advice if i got it from the leo? they are the experts, right?

Thanks for your input.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:00 PM
TexJeep
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Default I give up!

Yesterday I got stopped for the second time in the last 12 months for no front plate. No tickets, but I'm getting sort of paranoid, so today I ordered a Top Flight mount and body colored frame. I've seen several of them and they don't look too bad....

Small town LEO's here in South Texas drove me to it!

Jeep
Old 01-07-2007, 11:02 PM
KC-Vette
Melting Slicks

Peter, will a GM bra work with your bracket? In Mo., the bugs are terrible and I'd like to be able to put the bra on and off when needed. Thanks, Steve
Old 01-08-2007, 10:21 PM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Hows does the removable bracket holder work on the C6, wingnuts to remove the bracket from its base? I gather that all the brackets are glued on with sticky tape, none are bolted on?
Old 01-09-2007, 04:35 AM
Top Flight Reproductions
Le Mans Master

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

That is correct. the base plate with two threaded studs attaches with adhesive strips to the underside of the top bumper and the license plate bracket then attaches to the base plate using two wing nuts.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:08 AM
It'sHerVette!
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

How do you install the Racemesh Grilles? Do you have instructions for viewing/download?

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Front License Plate Bracket

Old 01-13-2007, 09:32 AM
Top Flight Reproductions
Le Mans Master

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by It'sHerVette!
How do you install the Racemesh Grilles? Do you have instructions for viewing/download?
Go to this link and click on " Click here for install guide "
http://www.topflightrepro.com/corvetteracemesh.html

Peter C.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:30 PM
ambervette
Instructor

Default Welcome.

I just got a ticket for no front license plate. Haven't had one in 8yrs. Anyway, I will mark you as a favorite. I'm going for ticket number two. Then I'll probably break down and buy one! yours are the best looking ones I've seen.

amber
Old 01-22-2007, 11:04 PM
KC-Vette
Melting Slicks

Hi Steve, Sorry, I'm not sure. I know "conecrusher" here in C6 General has our bracket and a bra (not sure which type). Send him a pm, I'm sure he could give you the details.

Peter C.
Does anybody know if the GM bra will work with this bracket?

Quick Reply: C6 Front License Plate Bracket