C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Information From Allied

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Gov'sGuy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06
Default Information From Allied

Yesterday I sent Allied a polite request for information about the delivery date of my new Coup.
First thing this morning I received a reply with the information that I needed.

It was clear however in the reply that some of the ladies involved in getting the information weren't happy about having to do it.

But, because I got what I wanted and because I was grateful for their help I sent Flowers to every one involved: Loretta, Sandy and Lisa.

I just got a response thanking me profusely for the flowers and wishing me the best with my new Corvette.

I replied that it was my pleasure and on behalf of a lot of CF members I thanked them for all their ward work helping a lot of overanxious men in their time of need.

I understand these ladies may at times be grouchy when we call, but generally speaking they do seem to try to help us out despite obviously being harried and over-worked, especially during the start of a new production year.

Despite everything they do seem very nice, so please go easy on them and thank them for their efforts.... flowers or a card or even a gift certificate for lunch wouldn't hurt once and a while either.

PM me if you're interested and would like a mailing address.

Al
Old 07-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Vasta
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16

So...when do you get the car??

You're a 7/10 guy like me, right?
Old 07-18-2006, 03:58 PM
Gov'sGuy
Racer

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Vasta
So...when do you get the car??

You're a 7/10 guy like me, right?
No, I'm a 6/26 Guy, but the info from Rick's people at Stanford was incorrect. The car is not due for delivery on the 17th as I reported yesterday.

Allied says delivery will be to my SoCal dealer on Monday the 24th.

Got to get...

Al
Old 07-18-2006, 04:02 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

A very nice thing to do.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:09 PM
Vasta
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Gov'sGuy
No, I'm a 6/26 Guy, but the info from Rick's people at Stanford was incorrect. The car is not due for delivery on the 17th as I reported yesterday.

Got to get...

Al
So I should be one week after you, Which is just what Rick said a month ago.

P.S. I think I said this before, but tell Arnie not to sign the cell bill. Public service announcements about driver safty would be better. IMO.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:22 PM
MADinAK
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10,'14

That was a very nice thing you did. It probably went a long way in helping out others in the future.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Savage C6
Pro

Got to get...

Al
YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING????? Mine left the factory on the 12th, so we're talking almost 12 days to get from BG to So. Cal.????? The HELL????
Old 07-18-2006, 07:13 PM
Vasta
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Hang in there Savage, if your a 6/29'er your Vette should be in around the same time (24th) as Gov Guy.

Right????
Old 07-18-2006, 07:21 PM
PAVette
Melting Slicks

Nice touch!
Old 07-18-2006, 07:25 PM
CessnaDriver
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for doing that. Very nice.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:42 PM
DRJZ1974
Instructor

When my wife called them this morning to try to get the same info. all we got was we WON'T help you. In amount time it took her to explain not why she couldn't, just why she would not, she could have just looked it up for us. I guess I feel if I am having a 61K machine shipped by a shipping company, they could have a little better customer service. The treatment we got, if I were their manager, I would have released her from her position. In the clinic I own, I would never tolerate that type of customer service from one of my employees to one of my patients. So I think I will pass on sending flowers...
Old 07-19-2006, 04:53 AM
gota07
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

It's not a customer service issue, us purchasers are not their customers. Chevrolet and their dealerships are Allied's customers. The fact that give shipping information to even some of us final owners directly should be considered a service beyond the call of duty. The dealerships SHOULD be the ones getting the shipping information and passing it down to their customers (us).
Old 07-20-2006, 02:31 AM
DRJZ1974
Instructor

Oh well, I just picked it up tonight. I was able to plan the delivery of my 07' within a couple of hours (seriously) by chatting with other forum members that mine was on the truck with as they made their stops on the way to Minneapolis. This forum has proven very useful in the last couple of months with good information (some bad, mostly good).
Old 07-20-2006, 02:49 AM
Gov'sGuy
Racer

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by DRJZ1974
When my wife called them this morning to try to get the same info. all we got was we WON'T help you. In amount time it took her to explain not why she couldn't, just why she would not, she could have just looked it up for us. I guess I feel if I am having a 61K machine shipped by a shipping company, they could have a little better customer service. The treatment we got, if I were their manager, I would have released her from her position. In the clinic I own, I would never tolerate that type of customer service from one of my employees to one of my patients. So I think I will pass on sending flowers...
It's my understanding that they ARE a shipping company and they work under contract for GM... not the end user (us). Therefore they are under no obligation to provide you with anything. They have done it as a courtesy but like a lot of courtesies, people begin to expect it as a service, it's not.

Al
Old 07-20-2006, 01:35 PM
DRJZ1974
Instructor

It's my understanding that they ARE a shipping company and they work under contract for GM... not the end user (us). Therefore they are under no obligation to provide you with anything. They have done it as a courtesy but like a lot of courtesies, people begin to expect it as a service, it's not.

Al
I understand what you are saying. Let's put this in perspective. Say I order an MRI on one of my patients. I call the MRI clinic, set up the visit for my patient. Patient goes for MRI, but is treated like crap. I would stop using that MRI clinic because even though the MRI clinic is working for me, if they treat one of my patients/customers like crap, I would drop them. Now GM is obviously a much larger company, so if they treat 100 or 1000 (whatever) people like crap, maybe they start looking for new contracts. Bottom line, 1. I don't care if I am the middle man, don't treat me like crap when you agree to transport my vehicle. 2. It's customer service, go the extra mile. There are many times I put in time helping someone in the business that I will not ever reap one bit of profit from. I do it to create a good name for what I do and my business. Allied helped some, they just decided not to help me (and others)

Get notified of new replies

To Information From Allied

Quick Reply: Information From Allied