C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrinkles in Vert top

Old 08-27-2006, 08:18 PM
Warren Seale
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Wrinkles in Vert top

The topic of wrinkled vert tops has been discussed many times in the past, but I don't remember anyone ever trying to steam or iron them out. Has any one ever tried those portable cloths steamers or a steam iron to relax the fabric? Maybe this doesn't make sense if you have to keep doing it everytime you cycle the top.

Warren
06 DSOM Vert,Z51,M6
96 T/A,WS6,M6
79 T/A,WS6,A3,403
72 442,W30,A3
Old 08-27-2006, 08:45 PM
texas 06C6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Warren Seale
The topic of wrinkled vert tops has been discussed many times in the past, but I don't remember anyone ever trying to steam or iron them out. Has any one ever tried those portable cloths steamers or a steam iron to relax the fabric? Maybe this doesn't make sense if you have to keep doing it everytime you cycle the top.

Warren
06 DSOM Vert,Z51,M6
96 T/A,WS6,M6
79 T/A,WS6,A3,403
72 442,W30,A3

You are fighting a losing battle if you want to have no wrinkles. The fabric expands and stretches whenever you run highway speed. You might as well just get used to it. It shrinks slightly when you drop the top and will be slightly tighter when you raise the top, but it will continue to stretch whenever you go at higher speed. Over time it gets looser and looser. I have a 6 year old Z-28 convertible--I know of which I speak.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wrinkles in Vert top