C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back in the Saddle

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 01:12 PM
GN1270
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Back in the Saddle

FIrst I want to thank the forum for all of the information you all have given me. It really helped and saved me alot of money and learn about the C6.

I posted before about wanting to suprise my wife at the museum with a new Corvette, but of course things never work out the way I plan them. I brought a brochure home and let the wife look at it> With 3 kids she knew we could not get a Vette, but she knew I was at the dealership to get info on the 07 Silverado I was about to order. She told me she liked the Lemans Blue, The Atomic Orand, but said her favorite was the Monteray Red.

Well the dealer knows I am thinking of suprising her with a Vette, but I was going to wait a couple of months to order it. I then call him because the 07 Silverado info had just come out and I had a few questions. He then tells me he has an 07 Monteray Red Vette he just got in, and it is EXACTLY as I was going to order it (saleman had no clue what I wanted). It is a Z-51 , black/cashmere, MN6 with every option except the roof option. He told me if I want the glass roof that Fred Beans can get me one cheaper than his parts department can order one for (I knew this too of course) The only thing standing in my way was I am GMID eligible> THe sales manager said they do not take GMID on Vettes there because they only get 1 Vette a month, and I understood this, but they would have to understand that I couldn't buy one there if it meant me saving thousands somewhere else. The salesman said let me talk to the owner. Sure enough the owner recognized that I bought my 03 Vette there, and a couple of loaded $40k+ Silverdaos there in the last 3 years, and my parents also buy their cars there, and he told the sales manager to honor the GMID certificate. Loyalty does pay at some dealerships. OBTW it is Valenti Chevrolet in Wallingford, Ct.

Now my wife is the one who is actually GMID eligible and she had to fill out the paperwork online to get it. I told her it was for my Silverdao I was ordering and they needed it to order it. Then an obstacle. it wants to know what car we are ordering. I just tell her Silverdao. She does and just before the confirmation I tell her the dealership said it does not matter what car it says, and I want to know if the Vette is eligible so put that instead. Whew she totally bought it.

Now this morning we are heading to the dealership because she thinks she has to sign the paperwork to order my truck because GMID is in her name. We walk into the dealership and I ask the salesman to bring the car around to the front. I then tell my wife that she is not here to sign paperwork for my new truck, and I spin her around and point to her new Corvette glistening in the sun and I tell her "you are here to sign paperwork for your new Corvette" For about the first 5 seconds she did not beleive me until she looked me in the eye and then she just started crying she was so damn happy. Man it feels so good to make someone so happy they cry. She looked it over for about a half hour, signed paperwork for 15 minutes, and never once asked me how she was going to drive 3 kids around (that is why we sold the 03, 2 more babies came). I finally had to tell her that I saved up enough and was also going to buy her an older SUV beater.

Our Saleman (who is a Vette owner and is a member on this board) Mark Adelman went over every single button with my wife (took about an hour). He went over every single feature of the Nav unit, and knew everything there was to know about the car. Thanks Mark! OBTW, anyone who wants a Chrysler 300 SRT-8 they now have a mint one for sale there.

Well my wife hadn't driven a stick in a year since her 04 CTS-V so I drove home. it was going to stay here tonite while she went into work in my truck, but she decided it was best to just hop in and take it to work with her today. I will try to post a pic for the first time, but I have a feeling I will screw it up.

Thanks again.

Old 08-10-2006, 03:02 PM
KristinC6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great story! Thanks for sharing and congrats!
Old 08-10-2006, 03:07 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,578 Likes on 1,619 Posts

An ordinary joe story of "Payback" That's wonderful!
Old 08-10-2006, 03:07 PM
millpond
Melting Slicks

Received 379 Likes on 197 Posts

Congrats...a great surprize story!
Old 08-10-2006, 05:52 PM
GN1270
Safety Car

Thanks guys. Now I am waiting patiently for my wife to get home around 9:30 tonight so I can take it for a spin.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:00 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Congrats.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Steve Theodore
Melting Slicks

That was a really great story! Congratulations (on the wife and family AND your new C6!).
Old 08-10-2006, 06:26 PM
eagles6998
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To Back in the Saddle

Quick Reply: Back in the Saddle