C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey Blackwing CAI owners...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 12:32 AM
Obdoc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hey Blackwing CAI owners...

I just installed my Blackwing and I have two questions:

1. What is up with the hole on the top next to the refill meter? It is a rather large hole that will allow a significant amount of dust and dirt into the air dust. Is there a plug or grommet that is suppose to be there?

2. What is up with that fake carbon fiber look? I thought it was suppose to be black?

thanks
Old 09-09-2006, 09:07 AM
GasmanZR1
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Obdoc

1. What is up with the hole on the top next to the refill meter? It is a rather large hole that will allow a significant amount of dust and dirt into the air dust. Is there a plug or grommet that is suppose to be there?

2. What is up with that fake carbon fiber look? I thought it was suppose to be black?

thanks

1. There should be a plug to put in the hole. It was for the air pump on the C5s. I have a BW on my vert, and I believe that it came with a plug.

2. Mine looks like black plastic, not CF, I don't know why yours would look that way, unless they changed the look recently.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:15 AM
2vettes
Le Mans Master

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by gasman29
1. There should be a plug to put in the hole. It was for the air pump on the C5s. I have a BW on my vert, and I believe that it came with a plug.

2. Mine looks like black plastic, not CF, I don't know why yours would look that way, unless they changed the look recently.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:22 AM
fredl11
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Yeah!

there should have been a plug. Mine did not come with one and the Vendor had one sent directly from SLP.
Drove me nuts ! I tore packing apart and searched all over car and floor! I was convinced I had dropped it.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:22 AM
RBYCC
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Obdoc

thanks
My unit does not have a hole or a plug, just a molded in depression that looks like it can be opened up. Finish is black, nothing like carbon fiber !

Get notified of new replies

To Hey Blackwing CAI owners...

Quick Reply: Hey Blackwing CAI owners...