C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch sticking when reving and letting off?

Old 10-01-2006, 11:46 AM
sofgl
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch sticking when reving and letting off?

I have had this happen 3 times so far in the past 2 weeks. I will be reving the motor at higher RPM then will let out on the clutch and it sticks partially engaged or not engaged at all and won't let the clutch pedal come all the way back up either. It smells like somthing is burning after this happens as well.
Is there something wrong with the clutch, clutch pressure plate or what? What gives? Any advice?
Old 10-01-2006, 12:12 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

There's a TSB on this issue. You might find it in the FAQ area but take it in and the dearler has a fix for the problem.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:12 PM
m3corvette
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That has been a problem with the C6, but really only shows up at the track mostly where you try to do a higher RPM launch and yes you are smelling the clutch burning. You should also notice that as soon as your RPM's drop to normal all is fine again. The C6 and C6 Z both do not like to have the clutch slipped either. I had the clutch replaced with an RPS in the C6 Z and it's now bullet proof. I left my other C6 alone because I was not going to be pushing it like the Z. Good luck with it.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:54 PM
TN 2005 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VI, VII & XII Veteran
St Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by sofgl
I have had this happen 3 times so far in the past 2 weeks. I will be reving the motor at higher RPM then will let out on the clutch and it sticks partially engaged or not engaged at all and won't let the clutch pedal come all the way back up either. It smells like somthing is burning after this happens as well.
Is there something wrong with the clutch, clutch pressure plate or what? What gives? Any advice?
sofgi,
Here you go. http://corvetteactioncenter.com/kb/q....php?qstId=562
Old 10-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

If you're afraid to let the dealer tear into your car, this little mod cured the same thing with my '05:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/phot...00/ppuser/6747

That clamp gizmo (it's a window track lock) essentially reduces clutch throw which may eliminate your problem. PM if you want more info...

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch sticking when reving and letting off?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clutch sticking when reving and letting off?