C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cool Mini-Air Compressor with Tire Plug Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 07:44 PM
glennhl
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Cool Mini-Air Compressor with Tire Plug Kit

I just bought this kit off of Ebay. I've used it and it will pump up the rear tires pretty darn quickly! The 8 foot extension cord for the compressor is plenty long enough to reach all 4 tires while still mounted on the car. The inlet clips on tight and you just hit a switch to start filling up the tire. It also comes with a plug kit, small pliers to pull any debris out of the tire.

I've emailed the guy telling him how impressed I am with his kit. By the way, it fits easily in one of the rear compartments, I bet I could get 6 or 7 kits in there! He makes these for motorcycles, but I told him he would have a market with the EMT people. He is going to check to see if he can become a sponsor on Corvetteforum.com.

Last edited by Allthrottleandsomebottle; 10-07-2006 at 05:35 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:25 PM
glennhl
Le Mans Master

I forgot to mention he said he could supply the bag with a Corvette logo.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:47 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Glenn - thanks for posting. I have small compressor and plug kits for both of my motorcycles and the Corvette. I'm always on the lookout for a good kit. I've had four nails in tires on a variety of my vehicles in the past two months.

Thanks again
Old 10-06-2006, 12:46 AM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by jschindler
Glenn - thanks for posting. I have small compressor and plug kits for both of my motorcycles and the Corvette. I'm always on the lookout for a good kit. I've had four nails in tires on a variety of my vehicles in the past two months.

Thanks again
Damn, I need to stay away from your end of the dome.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:43 AM
cbrf4i1
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glenn, remind me to check this thing out next friday at firebird. thanks
Old 10-06-2006, 10:33 AM
wratran
Burning Brakes

I just bought one too...The compressor is freaky small and very powerful. The seller is so nice. He is making the Corvette bag...so in the mean time, he will send it later when it is in full production.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:59 AM
glennhl
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by wratran
I just bought one too...The compressor is freaky small and very powerful. The seller is so nice. He is making the Corvette bag...so in the mean time, he will send it later when it is in full production.
You are right, that little compessor is amazing! Very well built and it packs a punch. It's a very small recipricating compressor, looks like a small engine for a model airplane. Then it has what looks like to me to be a motor from an RC car driving it.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:12 AM
427Z
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by glennhl
You are right, that little compessor is amazing! Very well built and it packs a punch. It's a very small recipricating compressor, looks like a small engine for a model airplane. Then it has what looks like to me to be a motor from an RC car driving it.
which one did you buy out of the 5 models
Old 10-06-2006, 11:23 AM
wratran
Burning Brakes

They are basically the same motor on all models. I forgot which one i bought...just make sure the picture has the 12V plug...and/or the tire repair kit...if you wanted one. One kit was made for a BMW...so the plug is weird looking. The 29.99 kit does not have the tire plug.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:33 AM
glennhl
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by wratran
They are basically the same motor on all models. I forgot which one i bought...just make sure the picture has the 12V plug...and/or the tire repair kit...if you wanted one. One kit was made for a BMW...so the plug is weird looking. The 29.99 kit does not have the tire plug.
I bought the one for the Harley that had the pliers, tire gage, plug kit, razor blade (for cutting plugs), and LED flash light.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:50 AM
1KUVETTE
Racer

Do you really need a tire repair kit for run flats? Besides isn't the best way to fix a flat with a patch on the inside of the tire?
Old 10-07-2006, 08:29 AM
dashotgun
Melting Slicks

Received 508 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by 1KUVETTE
Do you really need a tire repair kit for run flats? Besides isn't the best way to fix a flat with a patch on the inside of the tire?
would be wroth while if you decide to replace the emt with pilot sports!
Old 10-07-2006, 10:42 AM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Old 10-07-2006, 03:52 PM
glennhl
Le Mans Master

I'm only worried if I get a flat between Blythe and Phoenix. You will ruin the tire if you drive on it flat for more than 50 miles. It would be terrible to ruin an otherwise good tire just because you are too far from a Goodyear dealer or Discount Tire. The idea is to do the plug repair or just air it up a few times is it's a slow enough leak, then take it to the Goodyear dealer to get the patch done.
Old 10-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

I just bought this kit off of Ebay. I've used it and it will pump up the rear tires pretty darn quickly! The 8 foot extension cord for the compressor is plenty long enough to reach all 4 tires while still mounted on the car. The inlet clips on tight and you just hit a switch to start filling up the tire. It also comes with a plug kit, small pliers to pull any debris out of the tire.

I've emailed the guy telling him how impressed I am with his kit. By the way, it fits easily in one of the rear compartments, I bet I could get 6 or 7 kits in there! He makes these for motorcycles, but I told him he would have a market with the EMT people. He is going to check to see if he can become a sponsor on Corvetteforum.com.
Sorry, no E-bay or Commercial sales till he IS A supporting Vendor...I modded your post, see the rules below.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1324902
Old 10-07-2006, 10:56 PM
glennhl
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ALLTHROTTLE&NOBOTTLE
Sorry, no E-bay or Commercial sales till he IS A supporting Vendor...I modded your post, see the rules below.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1324902
No problem, he said he was in the process of becoming a sponsor.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:27 PM
C-INRED
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06

I'm only worried if I get a flat between Blythe and Phoenix. You will ruin the tire if you drive on it flat for more than 50 miles. It would be terrible to ruin an otherwise good tire just because you are too far from a Goodyear dealer or Discount Tire. The idea is to do the plug repair or just air it up a few times is it's a slow enough leak, then take it to the Goodyear dealer to get the patch done.
We like to take road trips to out-of-the-way places and I would like this option.

Question....once the tire is repaired with one of these kits, can it then be re-repaired properly by a GY store? Would they do it?

Get notified of new replies

To Cool Mini-Air Compressor with Tire Plug Kit

Old 10-08-2006, 12:06 AM
glennhl
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by C-INRED
We like to take road trips to out-of-the-way places and I would like this option.

Question....once the tire is repaired with one of these kits, can it then be re-repaired properly by a GY store? Would they do it?
Excellent question that I'd like to know the answer to also.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:58 AM
Grzldvt
Safety Car

Yes, I took a BFG KD in with a plug I had to put in to get me home, and they pulled the plug out and patched it with the correct patch.
I was told not to go 150+ but the tire was solid for normal daily and ocassional spirited driving.
For those interested in non-run flats check out my Tech Tip. I have had to fix a flat out in the field, and found I was woefully unprepared to do the job.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/techti...=213&TopicID=1
Old 10-16-2006, 07:23 PM
JVM225
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

I ordered the same kit and it was delivered today. It looks pretty good. I haven't had a chance to test the pump yet.
I got the black carry bag with the iron on C6 logo.

Quick Reply: Cool Mini-Air Compressor with Tire Plug Kit