C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeff Hardy Locator Site

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 06:02 PM
JMARTINDALE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Jeff Hardy Locator Site

Just wondering how accurate the information is on this site and whether it is kept up to date. I know where there are some Vettes on a dealer's lot that aren't listed on this site, and I've also gone to other dealers' website to lookup a Vette I've found on the Hardy site, and the dealer inventory doesn't show the vehicle in stock. Let me say that I do appreciate the service the Hardy site provides, and this post is nothing more than the question I have in my mind about the site's information.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:10 PM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 547 Likes on 335 Posts

its pretty good.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:20 PM
linuxrlz
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JMARTINDALE
Just wondering how accurate the information is on this site and whether it is kept up to date. I know where there are some Vettes on a dealer's lot that aren't listed on this site, and I've also gone to other dealers' website to lookup a Vette I've found on the Hardy site, and the dealer inventory doesn't show the vehicle in stock. Let me say that I do appreciate the service the Hardy site provides, and this post is nothing more than the question I have in my mind about the site's information.
Hi, I'm the developer/maintainer of the site. I get my info from the GM database available from gmbuypower.com so it is no more accurate than that. Possible problems arise because I poll the site only once a day and update my database then. So, if during the day a car appears/disappears from the gmbuypower.com site, I won't catch it until the next poll that nite. If you have info about cars that either do or don't appear for a couple of days in a row, there may be something wrong with my program - heaven forbid - so if you PM me with the dealer and the car info, I would appreciate it!

Enjoy
Old 12-01-2006, 07:50 PM
AP
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 12-01-2006, 08:13 PM
JMARTINDALE
Instructor

To Linuxrlz:

Thanks for the quick response. I now understand where the information comes from, and I appreciate knowing that you update daily from the GM site.

Again, I think you provide a great service to Corvette owners and potential buyers with your site, and I would encourage anyone on this forum that is looking for a specific Corvette to definitely use the Jeff Hardy Locator service.

Thanks again!!
Old 12-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Also if a car was ordered as being sold and then the customer doesn't take it, the car doesn't show up on gmbuypower. Only retail stock ordered cars show up.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:22 PM
jluke
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I appreciate the effort it takes to maintain this site. The information is very good, maybe not perfect, but a very valuable tool when you are looking for a specific unit. Thank you for maintaining such a great site.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

We drove 3 hours to look at a car we found on the site, got there and discovered the dealer had traded it to another dealer!
Fortunately, the other dealer was only a few miles away and still had the car.
The site can't be any more accurate than the information dealers provide, some of them are pretty sloppy. Phone ahead first.
But without the site, we never would have known that the car existed.
Thanks for keeping the site alive!
Old 12-04-2006, 04:57 PM
JLAW49
Intermediate

I am new to the site - where do I find where I can locate inventory?
Old 12-04-2006, 05:49 PM
boomerangj
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Data for Hardy Locator

Is the GM Buypower data the same database that we access on an individual dealer basis using "find a chevy"?

I had an experience this spring where I located a Z06 at a local dealer. Jumped in the car to go see it and the dealer initially had no idea what i was talking about. The salesman went and checked with someone and they told him it was on order. They did some more checking and found it to be enroute on the transport truck! I knew about it before the salesman did!

So if the Hardy locator uses the same data as the "find a chevy" you may know more about the inciming inventory then your local dealer. I love the Hardy locator. Probably shouldn't say this but I have used it to check on the Z06 inventory and for various C6 configurations I am interested in.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Braced
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by linuxrlz
Hi, I'm the developer/maintainer of the site. I get my info from the GM database available from gmbuypower.com so it is no more accurate than that. Possible problems arise because I poll the site only once a day and update my database then. So, if during the day a car appears/disappears from the gmbuypower.com site, I won't catch it until the next poll that nite. If you have info about cars that either do or don't appear for a couple of days in a row, there may be something wrong with my program - heaven forbid - so if you PM me with the dealer and the car info, I would appreciate it!

Enjoy
I purchased my car as a result of this site. I thanked you then and I just wanted to thank you again for a FANTASTIC service you provide. It is invaluable especially if you are buying out of state as I did. If every car for sale had this tool, local dealers would soon realize that there is a global market out there not just their little domain with dealer mark-ups!
Old 12-04-2006, 09:26 PM
beaversstonehaven
Melting Slicks

Received 129 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Braced
I purchased my car as a result of this site. I thanked you then and I just wanted to thank you again for a FANTASTIC service you provide. It is invaluable especially if you are buying out of state as I did. If every car for sale had this tool, local dealers would soon realize that there is a global market out there not just their little domain with dealer mark-ups!
I credit Jeff and his search tool for helping me find the dealer that I ultimately ordered my coupe from. Sure saved me a lot of time and money. Thanks once again Jeff.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:29 PM
KILR-Z51
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JLAW49

Here you go this site RULES!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.jeffhardy.com/lookupvette.php
Old 12-04-2006, 09:36 PM
KILR-Z51
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JLAW49
There are 1,113 06s listed for sale and 5,148 07s listed for sale nations wide.

Get notified of new replies

To Jeff Hardy Locator Site

Quick Reply: Jeff Hardy Locator Site