C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Topflite License plate bracket and Air intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 01:51 PM
teejake
Lifetime Supporting Gold
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Default Topflite License plate bracket and Air intake

I have the Topflite license plate bracket on order and am looking at cold air intake such as Callaway or Vararam, looking at the pictures I am wondering if enough air will get in with the license plate on to make having the aftermarket air intake worth installing?

Any thoughts?
Old 01-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Fcal
Drifting

Received 193 Likes on 136 Posts

I'm at the same point. I also have the Top Flight. I've gone as far as drilling holes in my plate, but decided to leave the plate in the trunk. No matter how you mount it, it looks ugly.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:54 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

leave it off
Old 01-28-2007, 06:03 PM
teejake
Lifetime Supporting Gold
Support Corvetteforum!

I probably will as I did with my C5 although I think the Toplflite mount for the plate on a C6 looks far better than the unset in the noes of the C5, just worry I have dodged a bullet from the LEO's too long and that my time is due.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:04 PM
chemten
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you need to have a front plate, i'd go with the callaway since the vararam will be blocked.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:10 PM
teejake
Lifetime Supporting Gold
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks, it was on the vararam site that I saw how it looked like the intake lined up right behind where the plate would be, where is the air coming in on the allaway?

Originally Posted by chemten
if you need to have a front plate, i'd go with the callaway since the vararam will be blocked.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:03 PM
BlackMark
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with the Breathless Performance Vortex Rammer for that very reason-except around my immediate area I run with a front plate and have the Top Flight bracket.The Vortex Rammer sealed air box places the filter nearly as low as the opening for the Vararam,but farther back. It allows for ram air from the grille as well as the high pressure air from under the car,so a license plate would have minimal if any effect.Give Ernie a call,and he will fill you in.He gives a 10% discount to CF members,and is another proud sponsor of our Forum.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:46 PM
chemten
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by teejake
Thanks, it was on the vararam site that I saw how it looked like the intake lined up right behind where the plate would be, where is the air coming in on the allaway?
it just pulls from area below the shroud. it doesnt have a direct feed like the vararam does.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:56 PM
teejake
Lifetime Supporting Gold
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for the advice, I have Breathless Performance on my C% and have like it. Did you install this yourself and if so how difficult was it?

Thanks again.

Originally Posted by BlackMark
I went with the Breathless Performance Vortex Rammer for that very reason-except around my immediate area I run with a front plate and have the Top Flight bracket.The Vortex Rammer sealed air box places the filter nearly as low as the opening for the Vararam,but farther back. It allows for ram air from the grille as well as the high pressure air from under the car,so a license plate would have minimal if any effect.Give Ernie a call,and he will fill you in.He gives a 10% discount to CF members,and is another proud sponsor of our Forum.

Get notified of new replies

To Topflite License plate bracket and Air intake

Quick Reply: Topflite License plate bracket and Air intake