C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow wow - Magnaflow Magnapak is LOUD (vids included)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 01:52 AM
aeronos
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wow wow - Magnaflow Magnapak is LOUD (vids included)

I recently had the Magnaflow Magnapak installed on my car. The guy said he couldn't get the x-pipe to fit on the longtube dynatech headers ... so he did a work around and boy is this thing loud.

The sound is nice and deep as you'll hear below. The idle is about as good as it gets. But as soon as you step on the gas, the car takes on some personality and starts screaming ... honestly it's too loud. The drone at 1500RPMs is deafening. After a 1/2 hour drive my ears were ringing. Also I think I need to get my car tuned because when I let off the gas I often get "popping" and backfire sounds that drive me nuts. Unless you spend most of your time cruising slowly, I would not recommend this exhaust. Killer drone, and at higher RPMs it sounds like your engine is about drop out of the car.

I'm going to have this exhaust removed next week. I'd love to hear other people's experiences with longtube headers ... especially people with longtube headers and a supercharger. Any exhausts that sound good at 1500 RPM and at higher RPMs?

I've included some sound clips below so you can compare. These videos are compressed using Divx so if you can't see the video, download and install Divx here: Free Divx Download

Yes, I realize the microphone on my camera really sucks.

STOCK EXHAUST
Start Up
Revving
In Car

MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
Start Up
Revving
In Car

Last edited by aeronos; 02-01-2007 at 02:07 AM. Reason: I mistyped what I wrote about the exhaust guy
Old 02-01-2007, 02:02 AM
Hotnut
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds awesome. Hard to improve perfection, but that sounds great!

I remember promising myself, "No mods this time!"

What to do, what to do......
Old 02-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,047 Likes on 821 Posts

Originally Posted by aeronos
I recently had the Magnaflow Magnapak installed on my car. The guy said he couldn't get the x-pipe to fit on the longtube dynatech headers ... so he did a work around and boy is this thing loud...The sound is nice and deep as you'll hear below.
Sounds fabulous.

When I was in my 20s, I'd have gone bezerker over the the thundering rumble of your setup.
Bt alas in my emeritus years I w/coudn't hear my MP3s.

Get notified of new replies

To Wow wow - Magnaflow Magnapak is LOUD (vids included)

Quick Reply: Wow wow - Magnaflow Magnapak is LOUD (vids included)