C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket alarm for C6 ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 07:56 PM
cbrguy19792003
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket alarm for C6 ?

has anyone installed a aftermarket alarm for your c6 ?
if so does it work in conjunction with the fob ? im looking for a aftermarket alarm that i will still be able to unlock the doors just by walking near the carwithout using the buttons on the fob.
thanks guys !!
Old 04-01-2007, 08:52 PM
cmb13
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

How 'bout getting a kill switch and hiding it really well? You'll keep the factory alarm and have some extra protection against theft.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:17 PM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default It sounds like you're looking for something a bit more specific...

Any alarm will allow you to still use the C6 fob to lock and unlock the doors - Just have the alarm installed without hooking it up to the door triggers.

But it sounds like you really want the stock C6 fob to lock and unlock the doors and turn the alarm off. I'm not sure if there's any that will do that, but it's an interesting question.

Otherwise, you'll need the C6 fob to get into the car, and a separate fob to turn the alarm on/off (or just off if you use passive arming). That's the route that I'll probably go, unless someone knows of another way of doing it. I'd really only use the alarm on rare ocassions, so when I do, having to arm and disarm it using a different fob won't be a big deal.

Get notified of new replies

To Aftermarket alarm for C6 ?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket alarm for C6 ?