C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vettes and Jets on the Lex

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 04:25 PM
MNVette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vettes and Jets on the Lex

As of today, there are only 12 spaces left for the 9/15/07 "Vettes and Jets on the Lex" event in Corpus Christi, TX. That means that 288 have already signed up!

If you are interested, go to: www.vettesandjetsonthelex.com to check it out and register. Most of the participants are from Texas (duh, right?), but I am driving mine from Minnesota to attend this once-in-a-lifetime event. If there is anyone else out there, especially from the northern U.S., east, or west coasts, check it out! BTW - I have nothing at all to do with this - it just looked like a really cool Corvette event.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:43 PM
2008corvette
Melting Slicks

That sounds like a fun event, but 1,400 miles would be a long drive. (I'm also from Minnesota)
Old 05-21-2007, 04:45 PM
MNVette
Melting Slicks

True enough - a long drive. But considering the event, I think it's worth it.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:57 PM
2008corvette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by MNVette
True enough - a long drive. But considering the event, I think it's worth it.
A Corvette car show on an aircraft carrier and setting a World Record would be really cool.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:03 PM
BLU-BY-U
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't believe it's once in a lifetime.... I'm from corpus and have seen this going on several years back and I'm betting it will go on for several years forward. However... I'm thinking this year from the number of applicants I've seen posted, this might be the largest ever turnout! Have fun!
Old 05-21-2007, 05:10 PM
MNVette
Melting Slicks

I meant that it's once-in-a-lifetime for someone like me who lives on the other side of the country. You say that you live in Corpus? Any place you can recommend to stay down there near the carrier?
Old 05-21-2007, 05:49 PM
BLU-BY-U
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MNVette
I meant that it's once-in-a-lifetime for someone like me who lives on the other side of the country. You say that you live in Corpus? Any place you can recommend to stay down there near the carrier?

I actually haven't lived there in 10 years...I'm in Dallas today....now mind you, I've never had to stay at one of the hotels on north beach being my parents house where I grew up is about 10 minutes away in portland.....but villa del sol seems like a decent place. Here's a decent schematic with a few listed:

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguid...ti_vacations-i

To be honest...north beach where the lex is moored is not exactly the best place to be after dark...it's better and alot cleaner down there than it used to be, but still a bit "low end" after dark. If you're willing to stay across the harbor bridge on the CC dowtown side of things, then any of the hotels along the T-heads or along shoreline will probably be very nice and should still have "ocean" view rooms as an option if you desire that. If you could care less about a water view and just desire the room for a place to sleep at night, then even going up to Portland along highway 181 might be an option (and will most certainly net a room at much lower rates).

It's mostly going to depend on if you HAVE to be close to the lex or HAVE to have a water view.

Last edited by BLU-BY-U; 05-21-2007 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:59 AM
mavericks01vette
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BLU-BY-U
I actually haven't lived there in 10 years...I'm in Dallas today....now mind you, I've never had to stay at one of the hotels on north beach being my parents house where I grew up is about 10 minutes away in portland.....but villa del sol seems like a decent place. Here's a decent schematic with a few listed:

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguid...ti_vacations-i

To be honest...north beach where the lex is moored is not exactly the best place to be after dark...it's better and alot cleaner down there than it used to be, but still a bit "low end" after dark. If you're willing to stay across the harbor bridge on the CC dowtown side of things, then any of the hotels along the T-heads or along shoreline will probably be very nice and should still have "ocean" view rooms as an option if you desire that. If you could care less about a water view and just desire the room for a place to sleep at night, then even going up to Portland along highway 181 might be an option (and will most certainly net a room at much lower rates).

It's mostly going to depend on if you HAVE to be close to the lex or HAVE to have a water view.
This is not true. This is a once in a life time event due to the fact that Guiness will be there and we are putting 300 Vettes up there. It was done once befor back in 1993. They only used 88 cars. Also the ship is getting older and definately not younger, therefore we have been authorized for this one time event. As for the area... they have severly cleaned it up, they have three different police patrols down there, all of the old houses have been removed, and several new businesses have gone in down there. I am from Corpus Christi and the hotels are listed on the site under hosts. I hope that this can clear a few things up.
Maverick

Get notified of new replies

To Vettes and Jets on the Lex

Quick Reply: Vettes and Jets on the Lex