C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer doesn't know what's wrong with my 2007

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 05:52 PM
LS6dude
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealer doesn't know what's wrong with my 2007

Check Engine light came on. Error code was something along the lines of "cam rotation sensor" error. Press the start button and it will crank longer then usualy before turning over. Sometimes for a good 3-5 seconds.

Drop it off and the service tech says "Well we checked out everything that we are suppose to for that error and everything comes back ok. The check engine light hasn't come back on since we put everything back together. We drove it three times to get it to come back on and can't"

Me: "So what you are telling me is you didn't fix anything?"

Him: "Correct"

Me: "I'll come get the car"

On the way home the check engine light came on.

I laugh because I'm pass the point of being upset over chevy service. No matter what dealer I go to some how the idiots will get there hands on my car. If GM goes down the tubes I will not be suprised one bit.

The service tech didn't even try to keep the car or say sorry or ask if they can have another day to look into it. Pathetic

Last edited by LS6dude; 05-24-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:54 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

crank sensor maybe??
Old 05-24-2007, 06:10 PM
LS6dude
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I would take your advice before the idiot GM techs
Old 05-24-2007, 06:23 PM
glennhl
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some Honda techs aren't any better. I had a SES light on a new 2005 Accord, took it in, they kept it a day, said it wasn't a problem. I went home and scanned it and they hadn't even CLEARED the code! IDIOTS!
Old 05-24-2007, 07:10 PM
twfreightman
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I have learned to just expect problems and then if they don't happen, I am pleasantly surprised.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:42 PM
shopdog
Race Director

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

As much as I usually rag on dealership mechanics, I have to cut this one some slack. Intermittant electrical problems are a bear to find, especially when they won't fail when you're troubleshooting the problem.

Telling a tale on myself, I chased one intermittant electrical problem for 15,000 miles before I finally caught it acting up when I could get test equipment on it. Very simple wiring problem, but no way to find it if it wouldn't fail during troubleshooting.

Sure, I could have shotgunned in a bunch of expensive modules, but that wouldn't have fixed it. It was a wire in the main harness that was broken internally. Most of the time it made contact, rarely it didn't, and I'd have the problem.

I must have wiggled that harness a hundred times during troubleshooting, but couldn't get it to fail. Then I'd be driving down the road and bingo, it would fail, only to be working again by the time I could pull to the side of the road and get the multimeter out.

A dealership mechanic could never have kept the car long enough to find it. I only found it because of stubborness. I wasn't going to let it beat me.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Doughan
Team Owner

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Elite Member
Cruise-In III Veteran

Originally Posted by shopdog
. I only found it because of stubborness. I wasn't going to let it beat me.
And that's often the difference between a mediocre tech and a great tech!
Old 05-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

That sounds about par for the course...with most all dealerships. I never found the BMW or Dodge or (going back a while) the Toyota dealership to be any better or worse than the Chevy dealership. Sometimes things go right and other times not.

Get notified of new replies

To Dealer doesn't know what's wrong with my 2007

Quick Reply: Dealer doesn't know what's wrong with my 2007