C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garage door opener, problem solved

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 10:19 PM
saz25
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garage door opener, problem solved

Hi all,
If anyone needs any help with the remote garage door transmitter in the Corvette, contact Lear Car2U at:
Lear Car2U Customer Service Center
www.learcar2u.com
ContactUs@learOrders.com
866-572-2728

They were VERY helpful. The information and procedure in the Corvette users manual isn't very clear. The biggest things they pointed out were:
1) Do the programming with the car in Accessory mode and NOT with the engine running.
2) Do the programming in the garage and not outside.
3) If you have a system were your original transmitters have buttons labeled LEFT and RIGHT, you need to program the second button in the car (the one that controls the other door) as if DIP switch #1 had a different setting for the other garage.

If you need clarification, let me know and I can forward you what they sent me.

I originally thought I needed a conversion module. But I didn't after all.
They called me on the phone and emailed me very detailed instructions. I'm very pleased.

Just thought I should let you all know.
Steve
Old 05-29-2007, 10:22 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Thanks for the great information!
Old 05-29-2007, 10:33 PM
PAVette
Melting Slicks

Thanks for the post!
Old 05-29-2007, 10:55 PM
slomarsh
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the post. Keeping it for future reference.

Initally I programmed mine and thought it worked fine....then.....one day both garage doors went whacko one up the other down every time the button in the Corvette was pushed.

Sooooo...as with many of today's e devices I hopped on one foot while inputting the programming code 3 times using the braile method. Also, all the while, mind you, while humming the national anthem. It worked! Only one garage door opened....the wrong one!

I then discovered what they said to you-program it while car is in the garage. All has been fine now.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:21 PM
robl45
Melting Slicks

well mine doesn't work, but I will try these suggestions and see if I have some luck.

Finally got it to work, but it never made the garage move in the first step like it was supposed to. The first time the garage would only move one way, then stopped.

Last edited by robl45; 08-11-2007 at 08:46 PM. Reason: It finally works
Old 08-16-2007, 12:57 PM
car2Usupport
Intermediate

Thank you for your interest in the Universal Home Remote product. Additional help is available to assist you with any programming issues or questions.

If your product has 3 LED lights, please refer to www.learCar2U.com or call 1-866-57Car2U for additional support.

Sincerely,

The Lear Car2U Team
Old 08-16-2007, 01:04 PM
robl45
Melting Slicks

can someone tell me why now that I got this thing to work with my genie garage door opener that it will only work from like 10 feet away from the garage? The actual remote works from at least 30 feet away, I keep having to go back towards the garage to put it down.

Originally Posted by car2Usupport
Thank you for your interest in the Universal Home Remote product. Additional help is available to assist you with any programming issues or questions.

If your product has 3 LED lights, please refer to www.learCar2U.com or call 1-866-57Car2U for additional support.

Sincerely,

The Lear Car2U Team

Get notified of new replies

To Garage door opener, problem solved

Quick Reply: Garage door opener, problem solved