C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't find Top-Tier gas in Columbus, Ohio

Old 08-15-2007, 08:17 PM
sixdogs
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't find Top-Tier gas in Columbus, Ohio

I have looked everywhere in the Columbus, Ohio area for "Top-Tier" gas and cannot find it.
Can anyone else?

'07 C6 Victory Red coupe

Old 08-15-2007, 08:37 PM
MyToyC5
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What you mean "Top Tier Gas"?

93 octane available at Kroger Fuel Centers. Been using it for years.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:49 PM
maxp
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline is the premier standard for gasoline performance. Six of the world's top automakers, BMW, General Motors, Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen and Audi recognize that the current EPA minimum detergent requirements do not go far enough to ensure optimal engine performance.

Since the minimum additive performance standards were first established by EPA in 1995, most gasoline marketers have actually reduced the concentration level of detergent additive in their gasoline by up to 50%. As a result, the ability of a vehicle to maintain stringent Tier 2 emission standards have been hampered, leading to engine deposits which can have a big impact on in-use emissions and driver satisfaction.

These automakers have raised the bar. TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline help drivers avoid lower quality gasoline which can leave deposits on critical engine parts, which reduces engine performance. That’s something both drivers and automakers want to avoid.

TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline Retailers

Gasoline retailers must meet the high TOP TIER standards with all grades of gasoline to be approved by the automakers as providing TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline.

In addition, all gasoline outlets carrying the brand of the approved retailer must meet the TOP TIER standards.

Additional gasoline retailers are added to the TOP TIER list as they meet the standards. The retailers known to be on the TOP TIER list are shown below.

TOP TIER Gasoline Retailers:

QuikTrip
Chevron
Conoco
Phillips
Shell
Entec Stations
MFA Oil Company
Kwik Trip/Kwik Star
The Somerset Refinery, Inc.
Chevron-Canada
Aloha Petroleum
Tri-Par Oil Company
Shell-Canada
Texaco
Petro-Canada
Sunoco-Canada
Old 08-15-2007, 08:50 PM
havesleep
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

This a list of retailers that carry top tire gas.

QuikTrip
Chevron
Conoco
Phillips
Shell
Entec Stations
MFA Oil Company
Kwik Trip/Kwik Star
The Somerset Refinery, Inc.
Chevron-Canada
Aloha Petroleum
Tri-Par Oil Company
Shell-Canada
Texaco
Petro-Canada
Sunoco-Canada
Old 08-16-2007, 08:56 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Shell
Conoco
Chevron
Phillips

Need more? Google is your friend.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:26 PM
sixdogs
Instructor

Originally Posted by FortMorganAl
Shell
Conoco
Chevron
Phillips

Need more? Google is your friend.
Wow, that is very nice but illustrates my problem. I can find all the stations but cannot find one with Top Flight gas. None seem to carry it.
The Kroger gas idea was a good thing as I would never have guessed they carried higher octane.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:34 PM
CQRT
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 295 Likes on 237 Posts

I believe Kroger buys gas on the spot market - - most of those fuels do not have the additives and detergents of the "top tier" fuels . .

There are several Sunoco stations throughout Columbus - -
-3867 Indianola Ave, Columbus
-1800 West Lane Avenue, Columbus
-849 E 5th Ave, Columbus
-726 W Broad St, Columbus, OH
-201 W Bridge St, Dublin, OH
-150 S State St, Westerville, OH
Old 08-16-2007, 09:50 PM
havesleep
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

The way I undestand it all of the gas carried by the listed companies are top tier.

Gasoline retailers must meet the high TOP TIER standards with all grades of gasoline to be approved by the automakers as providing TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:43 PM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

In order to be listed as "Top Tier" I believe all of the octane levels must be approved. I use ExxonMobil 93 octane and have no doubts that it's just as good as some of the top tier gasoline. I will not switch unless someone else comes out with a speedpass.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Mr. Wonderful
Le Mans Master

Location: Slower than a speeding bullet................ Fort Lauderdale, FL
Received 201 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy
In order to be listed as "Top Tier" I believe all of the octane levels must be approved. I use ExxonMobil 93 octane and have no doubts that it's just as good as some of the top tier gasoline. I will not switch unless someone else comes out with a speedpass.
How can it be as good, if it doesn't contain the additional additives ?
Old 08-16-2007, 11:31 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,066 Likes on 6,168 Posts

Originally Posted by P-WOG
Wow, that is very nice but illustrates my problem. I can find all the stations but cannot find one with Top Flight gas. None seem to carry it.
The Kroger gas idea was a good thing as I would never have guessed they carried higher octane.

To be given the Top-Tier rating, the retailer must be certified for all grades. If you go to a retailer on the list, all the gas they sell is Top-Tier. Where did Top Flight come from?

By the way, if you ask the attendant if their gas is Top-Tier they will probably not have a clue.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:06 AM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

"Top Tier" is NOT a brand of gas. Top Tier has nothing to do with the name of the gas station or the Octane of the gas. It's a rating that any of the listed Companies have for all their grades of gas.

ie.; All Shell gasolines are "Top Tier" rated but you won't see the term Top Tier used as a Brand name.

Kroger gas is not Top Tier rated.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:02 AM
vetdude
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Dude, "top tier" is a classification. All of the premium fuel sold at the stations listed is classified as "top tier" fuel, e.g. Shell V-Power is top tier. In other words. Shell V-Power is to top tier as Mobil 1 is to synthetic oil.

Get notified of new replies

To Can't find Top-Tier gas in Columbus, Ohio

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can't find Top-Tier gas in Columbus, Ohio