C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z51 quick check

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 01:32 AM
Hatchet
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Z51 quick check

On the C6, is the Z51 package readily identified by the cross-drilled rotors?

I've been "window" shopping online and when I come across a picture of the wheels, I'd like to know if this is indicative of the Z51 option.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-27-2007, 01:43 AM
EvilBoffin
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

At least on the '08's, you could also be looking at an F55 car, as that option now includes the cross-drilled rotors.

If that is the case though, you could always then check for F55 by looking at the center console for the new, large, round ride control switch. If it's not there, then it's most-likely a Z51 (assuming you are looking at un-modified cars only).

Last edited by EvilBoffin; 08-27-2007 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:49 AM
timbo79
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On 07's, the same applies. Look at the console..
Old 08-27-2007, 01:51 AM
Hatchet
Racer

VetteLurker,

No '08s, just '05s to '07s. There are a few around here on dealer lots that have cross-drilled rotors showing in the images posted on the net. The interior shots show them to be absent the selector switch for the F55. I'm trying to come up with a short list of test drives as only a Z51 equipped C6 could make me part with my C5 Z06. I wanted to make sure that when I was seeing the cross-drilled rotors that meant the car has the Z51 package. I don't want to waste my time going over to the dealership only to find out the car doesn't have it as thought.

Safe to assume then that on the 05, 06 and 07 cross-drilled = Z51?
Old 08-27-2007, 01:55 AM
Hatchet
Racer

timbo79,

Got it...haven't seen the selector switch on any of these. I mainly just want to go for a test drive. I had originally planned to purchase a new 07 Z51 before I got the C5Z. Want to see what, if anything, I might be missing !
Old 08-27-2007, 01:56 AM
EvilBoffin
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Hatchet -

I suggest you use the Jeff Hardy Vette Locator tool to find '06's and '07's. Clik link below.

http://jeffhardy.com/lookupvette.php

It is really up-to-date, and windows stickers for the older cars will probably all be visible. Could save you a bunch-o-time sniffing around at random dealerships.

Good luck with your search!
Old 08-27-2007, 02:07 AM
Hatchet
Racer

VetteLurker,

I'm mainly looking for used C6 Z51 optioned cars. I did check jeffhardy and there weren't any cars optioned the way I want locally, 1LT Z51.

Basically, I've got my eye on a few used C6s on dealer lots locally that have cross-drilled rotors and no selector switch. Assuming these are Z51 optioned, I'll drive over to the dealer and not waste a trip for a test drive. Obviously, the salesman is going to try to get me to sign and drive. The key will be my impressions post-test drive.

I don't want to waste a trip over if the car isn't a Z51 optioned vehicle, trying to do some smart "window" shopping online to narrow my choices. Thanks for the replies !
Old 08-27-2007, 06:19 AM
tscales
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Cross-drilled does NOT mean Z51. It means either Z51 or F55. You have to look at the console for the F55 button to be sure.

This was posted earlier in the thread, but your later comment made me believe you didn't catch it.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:10 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Forget cross-drilled as an indicator because in addition to 07 and 08 F55s having them, you are looking only for used so the previous owner might have installed them on a base car. Once you are close to the car console tells you F55 and zerk fittings inside back wheels tells you Z51. But you wanted to know before you went to the dealer. That requires that new fangled invention they're calling a telly-phone.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Hatchet
Racer

Originally Posted by FortMorganAl
That requires that new fangled invention they're calling a telly-phone.
...I just wanted to wait to get sucked into the vortex they call a "sales pitch" until I got over there.

The dash pics of the cars I'm looking at online don't show the F55 selector switch on the console. So, aside from the aftermarket installs, I'm going to lean towards them being Z51 equipped.

Now, the RPO code is actually Z51 is it not? If I see that on the glovebox sticker then I know I'm looking at a Z51 equipped car, right?

And don't suggest I simply ask the salesman the question...we all know where that can get you ! I like knowing the answers to my questions before hand and having someone else give me the affirmation.

Thanks for the replies !
Old 08-27-2007, 01:57 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Hatchet
Now, the RPO code is actually Z51 is it not? If I see that on the glovebox sticker then I know I'm looking at a Z51 equipped car, right?
That is correct.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:23 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Hatchet
On the C6, is the Z51 package readily identified by the cross-drilled rotors?

I've been "window" shopping online and when I come across a picture of the wheels, I'd like to know if this is indicative of the Z51 option.

Thanks in advance!

PM sent

Tom

Get notified of new replies

To Z51 quick check

Quick Reply: Z51 quick check