C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good News Bad News

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 11:28 PM
DoTheyMakeOtherCars?
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06
Default Good News Bad News

Hi all. I have good news and bad news. The good news is I just got a new job with a nice pay increase. The bad news is my Corvette will have to be parked outside in the sun from now on . I thought I would buy one of those windshild covers (I don't know what they are called) that protect the dash from the sun. Where is the best place to get one of these? Thanks!
Old 09-02-2007, 11:40 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

you might try southerncarparts or any one of the forum vendors and see what they have. I have one with a C5 logo cant remeber where i got it but i know they also have ones with the C6 logo.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:48 PM
BlackMark
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How about a car cover? One of the covers made from Weathershield available from various Forum sponsors will not only protect your car from UV radiation,it will keep it dust free and protect it somewhat from parking lot acne.Plus if your cover is gray,your car will virtually disappear in the lot(let someone else's car get tampered with!)It will also keep interior temps near ambient instead of 30 or 40 degrees above ambient without a cover.A custom cover will take 60 seconds to put on and 90 seconds to fold and stow,and Weathershield is so compact it will fit into one of your rear cubbies.If it happens to rain,you can release it from one end and shake off 95% of the water,and it can be washed in your home machine as easily as a king size bed sheet.I use a car duster and quick detail when I get to work and place the cover.At the end of the day I roll with a clean car!
Old 09-03-2007, 12:08 AM
CessnaDriver
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackMark
How about a car cover? One of the covers made from Weathershield available from various Forum sponsors will not only protect your car from UV radiation,it will keep it dust free and protect it somewhat from parking lot acne.Plus if your cover is gray,your car will virtually disappear in the lot(let someone else's car get tampered with!)It will also keep interior temps near ambient instead of 30 or 40 degrees above ambient without a cover.A custom cover will take 60 seconds to put on and 90 seconds to fold and stow,and Weathershield is so compact it will fit into one of your rear cubbies.If it happens to rain,you can release it from one end and shake off 95% of the water,and it can be washed in your home machine as easily as a king size bed sheet.I use a car duster and quick detail when I get to work and place the cover.At the end of the day I roll with a clean car!

I do pretty much the same thing, covercraft weathershield.
Rolled it on, roll it off. Fold it up and put it in a bag secure it in the cargo net. I do lock it with a cable though, makes it a little harder to steal. Also use the UV100 sunshield even with the car cover during summer.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:07 AM
Matt O
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used a car cover on mine for years to protect from sun, dirt and grime. Worked fine!
Old 09-03-2007, 01:37 AM
DoTheyMakeOtherCars?
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Thanks all, actually I don't think I want to bother with a cover, just a sunshade. Does anyone have one of those that the really like? Thanks Again.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:49 AM
VettinFan
Melting Slicks

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by DoTheyMakeOtherCars?
Thanks all, actually I don't think I want to bother with a cover, just a sunshade. Does anyone have one of those that the really like? Thanks Again.
Why not just get an interior windshield sunscreen. Easy to put up and down, and it will protect the dash and seats from the sun, keep the interior cooler, and ya don't have to worry 'bout it getting blown off or ripped off.

AL
Old 09-03-2007, 09:02 AM
zbrett
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

I have this one, and I think it is great.

http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/p-8...-sunshade.aspx

Originally Posted by DoTheyMakeOtherCars?
Hi all. I have good news and bad news. The good news is I just got a new job with a nice pay increase. The bad news is my Corvette will have to be parked outside in the sun from now on . I thought I would buy one of those windshild covers (I don't know what they are called) that protect the dash from the sun. Where is the best place to get one of these? Thanks!
Old 09-03-2007, 12:13 PM
maxp
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by zbrett

I might have to get one of those, looks well made, not like the cheap junk you usually see
Old 09-03-2007, 05:22 PM
DoTheyMakeOtherCars?
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by zbrett

Thanks ZBRETT that was exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate everyone's help!
Old 09-03-2007, 05:33 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I just bought one from Ecklers. Should arrive Wednesday.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:41 PM
glennhl
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've used this one for over a year. Very soft liner, excellent protection:

http://www.zip-products.com/Corvette...F46B8125674B7B
Old 09-03-2007, 06:02 PM
C7Z51
Burning Brakes

Location: Never take a girl out for a cup of coffee, the last thing you want her to be is alert and focused. Tampa, FL
Received 74 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Wow, it's a car, a dash protector will do the same thing as conditioning your dash. I thought dash protector's was going too far, now I'm hearing that people cover their car every time they park it?!?!

Vandalism 101: Why do stupid people key cars? Just to cause the owner pain and suffering, a covered car is like a cherry on top.

Get notified of new replies

To Good News Bad News

Quick Reply: Good News Bad News